Look at this letter to a magazine and the reply from Robert Hunt, a school counselor.
看这封寄给一家杂志社的信和一个学校顾问罗伯特·亨特的回复。
Complete the chart.
完成表格。
Dear Mr. Hunt,
亲爱的亨特先生:
My problem is that I can't get on with my family.
我的问题是我不能和我的家人和睦相处。
Relations between my parents have become difficult.
我父母之间的关系已经变得很不好了。
They fight a lot, and I really don't like it.
他们经常吵架,我真的不喜欢这样。
It's the only communication they have.
而这是他们唯一的沟通方式。
I don't know if I should say anything to them about this.
我不知道我是否应该就这件事对他们说点儿什么。
When they argue, it's like a big, black cloud hanging over our home.
当他们争吵的时候,屋里就像被一团庞大的黑云笼罩。
Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me.
还有,我哥哥对我也不是很好。
He always refuses to let me watch my favorite TV show.
他总是不让我看我最喜欢的电视节目。
Instead he watches whatever he wants until late at night.
相反,晚上他却可以看他想看的任何节目,一直看到很晚。
I don't think this is fair.
我认为这不公平。
At home I always feel lonely and nervous.
在家里我总是觉得孤独和焦虑。
Is that normal? What can I do?
这正常吗?我能做什么?
Sad and Thirteen
悲伤十三岁
Dear Sad and Thirteen,
亲爱的悲伤十三岁:
It's not easy being your age, and it's normal to have these feelings.
在你这个年龄是不容易的,有这些感受是正常的。
Why don't you talk about these feelings with your family?
你为什么不和你的家人谈谈这些感受呢?
If your parents are having problems, you should offer to help.
如果你的父母遇到问题,你应该主动提供帮助。
Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication.
或许你可以在家里多做些事情,以便他们有更多的时间进行适当的交流。
Secondly, why don't you sit down and communicate with your brother?
其次,你为什么不坐下来和你的哥哥沟通呢?
You should explain that you don't mind him watching TV all the time.
你应该向他说明你不介意他总是看电视。
However, he should let you watch your favorite show.
但是,他应当让你看你最喜欢的节目。
I hope things will be better for you soon.
我希望你的一切会很快好起来。
Robert Hunt
罗伯特·亨特
秀哈英语听力请勿转载!