Read the poem aloud and discuss what the title means with your partner.
大声地读这首诗并和你的搭档讨论标题的意思。
Mom Knows Best
妈妈最了解
When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side.
当我是个小宝宝整夜哭闹的时候,妈妈依偎在我身旁,唱歌送我入梦乡。
When I was tired and hungry, she gave me food and warm arms to sleep in.
当我累了饿了的时候,妈妈给我食物和休憩的温暖怀抱。
When I was two running through the field, she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger.
当我两岁在田野里奔跑的时候,她确保我的安全,让我远离危险。
When I fell and hurt myself, she gave me a hug and lifted me up.
当我摔倒受伤的时候,她给我拥抱,扶我站好。
When I was seven coughing badly, she said no ice-cream for me.
七岁的我剧烈咳嗽,她说我不该吃冰激凌。
But I talked back loudly, "I should be allowed to eat some! Give it to me now!"
我却大声反驳,"应该允许我吃一些!现在就给我!"
When I was nine watching scary movies, she said it'd give me awful dreams.
九岁的我看恐怖电影,她说电影会带给我噩梦。
But I shouted back angrily, "I should be allowed to watch it! I'm not a baby!"
我却愤怒地回应,"应该允许我看!我不是小孩!"
When I was a teen going out with friends, she said, "Please be back by ten!"
青少年的我和朋友外出闲逛,她说,"请在十点之前回来!"
But I talked back again-"I should not be told what to do! I'm seventeen now!"
我却再次顶嘴--"不需要你告诉我该做什么!我已经17岁了! "
Now I'm an adult, thinking back to those times.
现在我已长大成人,回想那过去的时光。
秀哈英语听力请勿转载!