Role-play the conversation.
分角色表演对话。
How was the welcome party for foreign students last night?
昨天晚上给外国留学生办的欢迎会怎么样?
Great! I made some new friends.
棒极了!我交了一些新朋友。
But a funny thing happened.
但发生了一件有趣的事情。
What?
什么事情?
I met a Japanese boy called Sato, and as soon as I held out my hand, he bowed.
我遇到了一个名叫佐藤的日本男孩,就在我伸出手时,他鞠了一躬。
That's how people in Japan are expected to greet each other.
这就是在日本人们应该互相问候的方式。
It's impolite if you don't bow.
如果你不鞠躬是不礼貌的。
I didn't know that.
我不知道。
So I just stood there with my hand out.
所以我只是伸着手站在那里。
Finally, I returned the bow.
最后我还了礼。
I remember when I first met Marie last year, I did the same thing.
我记得去年我第一次遇到玛丽时,我做过同样的事。
I held out my hand and to my surprise, she kissed me on both sides of my face!
我伸出手想要握手,可让我吃惊的是,她居然亲吻了我的双颊!
I wouldn't mind that!
我不介意!
Very funny.
非常有趣。
Later I found out French people are supposed to kiss when they see each other.
后来我发现法国人见面时应该亲吻对方。
秀哈英语听力请勿转载!