Unit 3
第三单元
Travel journal
旅游日记
Reading
阅读
JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG
沿湄公河而下的旅行
PART 1 THE DREAM AND THE PLAN
第一部分 梦想与计划
My name is Wang Kun.
我的名字叫王坤。
Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip.
从高中起,我姐姐和我就一直梦想作一次伟大的自行车旅行。
Two years ago she bought an expensive mountain bike and then she persuaded me to buy one.
两年前,她买了一辆价钱昂贵的山地自行车,然后她还说服我也买了一辆。
Last year, she visited our cousins, Dao Wei and Yu Hang at their college in Kunming.
去年她去看望了我们的表兄弟——在昆明读大学的大伟和宇航。
They are Dai and grew up in western Yunnan Province near the Lancang River,
他们是傣族人,在云南省西部靠近澜沧江的地方长大,
the Chinese part of the river that is called the Mekong River in other countries.
湄公河在中国境内的这一段叫澜沧江,流经其他国家后就叫湄公河。
Wang Wei soon got them interested in cycling too.
很快,王薇使表兄弟也对骑车旅行产生了兴趣。
After graduating from college, we finally got the chance to take a bike trip.
到大学毕业后,我们终于有了作一次骑车旅行的机会。
I asked my sister, "Where are we going?"
我问姐姐:“我们要去哪里?”
It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends.
首先想到要沿湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅行的是我的姐姐。
Now she is planning our schedule for the trip.
现在,她正为这次旅行制订计划。
I am fond of my sister but she has one serious shortcoming.
我很喜欢我姐姐,但是她有一个严重的缺点,
She can be really stubborn.
她有时确实很固执。
Although she didn't know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that she organize the trip properly.
尽管她对到某些地方的最佳路线并不清楚,她却坚持要把这次旅行安排的尽善尽美。
Now, I know that the proper way is always her way.
现在我知道了这个尽善尽美的方式总是她的方式。
I kept asking her, "When are we leaving and when are we coming back?"
我老是问她:“我们什么时候动身?什么时候回来?”
I asked her whether she had looked at a map yet.
我问她是否已经看过地图。
Of course, she hadn't; my sister doesn't care about details.
当然她并没有看过,我的姐姐是不会考虑细节的。