搜索

人教版新课标高中英语(必修3):Unit3 The Million Pound Bank Note-Using Language(2)

查看: 246.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 1, 2018 18:05:21 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
人教版新课标高中英语(必修3):Unit3 The Million Pound Bank Note-Using Language(2)
Yes, very interesting.
是的,很有意思。
Now perhaps, sir, if you pay your bill, I can help the other customers. (looking at the clock on the wall again)
如果你现在能付账的话,我就可以去照顾别的顾客了。
Well, I see it's two o'clock. (he opens the envelope and holds a million pound bank note in his hands. Henry is surprised but the owner and waiter are shocked)
(又望着墙上的挂钟)好了,我看两点钟到了。(他把信封拆开,那车一张百万英镑的钞票。亨利感到吃惊,店主和服务员惊呆了)
I'm very sorry. But...I...I don't have anything smaller. (still shocked and nervous)
很抱歉,我……我……我没有小一点儿的钞票。
Well. . er...just one moment.
(还在发呆,而且有点儿紧张)好……嗯……等一会儿。
Maggie, look! (the hostess screams, the other customers look at her and she puts a hand to her mouth)
玛吉,来瞧瞧!(女老板尖叫起来,其他顾客都望着她,于是,她用手捂住了嘴巴)
Do you think it's genuine?
你看这张钞票是真的吗?
Oh, dear, I don't know. I simply don't know.
天哪,我不知道。我真不知道。
Well, I did hear that the Bank of England had issued two notes in this amount...
嗯,我确实听说过英格兰银行发行了两张这样面值的钞票……
Anyway, I don't think it can be a fake.
不管怎样,我觉得这不可能是假钞。
People would pay too much attention to a bank note of this amount.
这么大面值的钞票会特别引人注意的。
No thief would want that to happen.
小偷可不想引起别人的注意。
But he's in rags!
但是他穿得破破烂烂的!
Perhaps he's a very strange, rich man. (as if he has discovered something for the first time)
也许他是一个非常怪异而富有的人。
Why, yes! That must be it!
(如梦初醒似的)啊,对了,一定是这样的。
(hits her husband's arm) And you put him in the back of the restaurant!
(在她丈夫的手臂上打了一下)是你把他带到餐厅后面去的,
Go and see him at once.
还不马上去看看他。
(to Henry) I'm so sorry, sir, so sorry, but I cannot change this bank note.
(对亨利)先生,对不起,非常对不起,这张钞票我们找不开。
But it's all I have on me.
而我身上就只带了这张钞票。
Oh, please, don't worry, sir. Doesn't matter at all.
哎呀,先生,请别着急,一点儿也没关系。
We're so very glad that you even entered our little eating place. Indeed, sir, I hope you'll come here whenever you like.
我们非常高兴你能走进我们这家小吃店。先生,真的,我希望您随时光临。
Well, that's very kind of you.
这,你太好了。
Kind, sir? No, it's kind of you.
我太好了?不,先生,是您太好了。
You must come whenever you want and have whatever you like.
您什么时候想来就来,想吃什么就吃什么。
Just having you sit here is a great honour!
您就是在这儿坐一下也是我们莫大的荣幸!
As for the bill, sir, please forget it.
至于说账单嘛,先生,请把它忘了吧。
Forget it? Well...thank you very much. That's very nice of you.
忘了它?喔……那就太谢谢了。你太好了。
Oh, it's for us to thank you, sir and I do, sir, from the bottom of my heart. (The owner, hostess and waiter all bow as Henry leaves. )
啊,先生,该是我们谢谢您呢。先生,我从心底里感谢您。(当亨利离开的时候,店主、女老板和服务员都一齐向他鞠躬)

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部