搜索

人教版新课标高中英语(必修3):Unit3 The Million Pound Bank Note-Reading(2)

查看: 225.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 1, 2018 18:05:22 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
人教版新课标高中英语(必修3):Unit3 The Million Pound Bank Note-Reading(2)
And it was the ship that brought you to England.
正是那艘船把你带到了英国。
Yes. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand, which accounts for my appearance.
是的。事实上我靠做义工来顶替船费。这就是我为什么衣冠不整的原因了。
I went to the American embassy to seek help, but...(The brothers smile at each other. )
我上美国大使馆求助,但是……(兄弟俩相顾而笑)。
Well, you mustn't worry about that.
嗯,这一点你倒不必担心。
It's an advantage.
这还是优点呢。
I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, sir.
对不起,先生,你的话我没有听懂。
Tell us, Mr Adams, what sort of work did you do in America?
亚当斯先生,请你告诉我们,你在美国干哪个行当?
I worked for a mining company.
我在一家矿业公司工作。
Could you offer me some kind of work here?
你们能不能给我提供一份工作呢?
Patience, Mr Adams.
耐心点儿,亚当斯先生。
If you don't mind, may I ask you how much money you have?
如果你不介意,我能不能问问,你手头儿有多少钱?
Well, to be honest, I have none.
嗯,老实说,我一分钱都没有了。
(happily) What luck! Brother, what luck! (claps his hands together)
(高兴地)老兄,真走运!真有运气!(鼓起掌来)
Well, it may seem lucky to you but not to me!
嗯,这对你们来说可能是运气,但对我来说可不是。
On the contrary, in fact. If this is your idea of some kind of joke, I don't think it's very funny.
事实上,正好相反。如果你们认为这是一个笑话,我可不觉得很好笑。
(Henry stands up to leave) Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll be on my way.
(亨利起身准备走)好了,请原谅,我想我该上路了。
Please don't go, Mr Adams~
亚当斯先生,请别走。
You mustn't think we don't care about you.
你千万不要以为我们不在意你的感受。
Oliver, give him the letter.
奥利弗,把信给他。
Yes, the letter. (gets it from a desk and gives it to Henry like a gift) The letter.
是,那封信。(从桌上把信拿起来,像送礼品一样递给亨利)给你信。
(taking it carefully) For me?
(小心翼翼地接过信)是给我吗?
For you.
是给你的。(亨利要拆信)。
(Henry starts to open it) Oh, no, you mustn't open it.
啊,别拆,你不要拆,。
Not yet. You can't open it until two o'clock.
现在不是时候,到两点钟你才能打开。
Oh, this is silly.
噢,这真可笑。
Not silly. There's money in it.
这不可笑,这里边有钱呢。
(calls to the servant) James?
(叫仆人)詹姆斯?
Oh, no. I don't want your charity. I just want an honest job.
噢,不,我不需要你们的施舍,我只要一份老老实实的工作。
We know you're hard-working.
我们知道你工作是很卖力的。
That's why we've given you the letter.
这正是我们给你这封信的原因。
James, show Mr Adams out.
詹姆斯,请送亚当斯先生出去。
Good luck, Mr Adams.
祝你好运,亚当斯先生。
Well, why don't you explain what this is all about?
嗯,怎么不给我讲讲,这究竟是什么回事呢?
You'll soon know. (looks at the clock) In exactly an hour and a half.
你很快就会明白的,(看看钟)一个半小时以后。
This way, sir.
请这边走,先生。
Mr Adams, not until 2 o'clock. Promise?
亚当斯先生,两点钟以前不要拆信,答应吗?
Promise. Goodbye.
答应,谢谢。再见。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部