搜索

人教版新课标高中英语(必修5):Unit3 Life in the Future-Reading(1)

查看: 349.5k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 1, 2018 18:08:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
人教版新课标高中英语(必修5):Unit3 Life in the Future-Reading(1)
Unit3
第三单元
Life in the FutureL
未来的生活
Reading
阅读
First Impressions
第一印象
15/11/3008 (Earthtime)
15/11/3008(地球时间)
Dear Mum and Dad,
亲爱的爸爸妈妈:
I still cannot believe that I am taking up this prize that I won last year.
我现在仍然无法相信我是在接受去年获得的这个奖励。
I have to remind myself constantly that I am really in AD 3008.
我得不断提醒自己,我真的已经进入到公元3008年了。
Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days.
因为担心这次旅行,头几天我心里总是不踏实。
As a result, I suffered from “Time lag”.
结果我得了时间滞后症。
This is similar to the “jet lag” you get from flying,
这就与你乘坐飞机会产生时差反应相似,
but it seems you keep getting flashbacks from your previous time period.
所不同的是,在你的脑子里似乎会不断闪现以前的时光。
So I was very nervous and uncertain at first.
因此,我一开始就感到神经过敏和心神不定。
However, my friend and guide, Wang Ping, was very understanding and gave me some green tablets which helped a lot.
但是我的朋友兼导游王平很细心体贴,给了我几粒绿色药片,倒是挺起作用的。
Well-known for their expertise, his parents' company, called "Future Tours",
他父母的公司叫做“未来之旅”,以其技术高超而闻名。
transported me safely into the future in a time capsule.
他们把我装在一个时间舱里,平安地把我送入了未来。
I can still remember the moment when the space stewardess called us all to the capsule and we climbed in through a small opening.
我仍旧记得我们被太空服务员一起叫到时间舱,爬上去进入一个小门。
The seats were comfortable and after a calming drink, we felt sleepy and closed our eyes.
座位是很舒适的,喝了点镇静剂后,我们的眼睛就闭上了,感到昏昏欲睡似的。
The capsule began swinging gently sideways as we lay relaxed and dreaming.
时间舱在轻轻左右摇晃,我们放松地躺在那里做梦。
A few minutes later, the journey was completed and we had arrived.
几分钟以后,旅程结束,我们就到了。
I was still on the earth but one thousand years in the future.
我仍然在地球上,但是进入到了未来的一千年。
What would I find?
我们会看到什么呢?
At first my new surroundings were difficult to tolerate.
一开始新的环境让我很难忍受。
The air seemed thin, as though its combination of gases had little oxygen left.
空气似乎很稀薄,好像在混合的气体中剩下的氧气很少。
Hit by a lack of fresh air, my head ached.
由于缺乏新鲜空气,我感到头痛。
Just as I tried to make the necessary adjustment to this new situation,
正当我想努力调整适应新环境时,
Wang Ping appeared.
王平出现了。
"Put on this mask," he advised.
他告诉我,“把这个面罩戴上。
"It'll make you feel much better."
它会使你感觉好得多。”
He handed it to me and immediately hurried me through to a small room nearby for a rest.
他把面罩递给我,敦促我马上走进附近的一个小房间,叫我休息。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部