Farmer: My dear sons, David, James, and Peter, I love you all. But I cannot live for long. So when I die, take care of my grape fields for me. That's my last wish.
农夫:我亲爱的儿子们,戴维、詹姆斯、彼得,我爱你们。但是我已经活不了多久了。如果我死了,请为我照顾葡萄园。这是我最后的愿望。
David: But Father, I am not interested in grapes.
戴维:但是爸爸,我对葡萄不敢兴趣。
James: I don't want to work under the sun all day, Father.
詹姆斯:我可不愿整天在太阳底下工作,爸爸。
Peter: I want to live in the city. I don't even like grapes, Father.
彼得:我想住在城里。我甚至不喜欢葡萄,爸爸。
The three sons keep complaining, until Mr. Thompson tells them his secret
三个儿子不住地抱怨,直到汤普森先生说出他的秘密。
Farmer: But the three of you must keep the field. I buried some treasure there. Find it, dig it out, and share it together.
农夫:但是你们三个必须留在园子里。我在那里埋下了一些财宝。只要你们找到并挖出财宝,你们就可以拿去分了。
Sons: What did you say?
儿子们:你说什么?
The three sons cannot believe their ears.
三个儿子几乎不敢相信他们的耳朵。
David: Did you say treasure? When did you bury is, Father?
戴维:你是说有财宝?你什么时候埋的,爸爸?
James: Are there lots of gold and silver pieces inside?
詹姆斯:里面有很多金子、银子吗?
Peter: Those things are not important.
彼得:这些都不重要。
Sons: Then what is it?
儿子们:那什么才是重要的呢?
Peter: Where is it?
彼得:重要的是财宝埋在哪儿?
David: Peter is right. Where is the treasure buried, Father?
戴维:彼得说的对。你把财宝埋在哪儿了,爸爸?
Farmer: I'm sorry, my sons. It was so long ago. I do not remember. Just keep digging and you shall find it.
农夫:对不起,我的儿子们。那是很久以前的事情。我记不得了。不过只要你们不断地挖,你们一定会找到的。