搜索

伊索寓言故事 第32期:替猫戴上铃铛(下)

查看: 170.5k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 11:26:16 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
伊索寓言故事 第32期:替猫戴上铃铛(下)
The mice keep thinking, but they don't come up with any good ideas.
这些老鼠们想啊想,可是怎么也想不出好点子来。
Theodore: Come on everyone, think harder.
西奥多:大家加油啊,再努力想想。
Buster: Well, uh, how about just staying away from Kitty?
巴斯特:那么,嗯,咱们就离凯蒂远点怎么样?
Theodore: What do you mean, Buster?
西奥多:你是什么意思,巴斯特?
Buster: It's simple. Just stay inside our mouseholes and don't come out.
巴斯特:很简单啊。就是整天躲在我们的鼠洞里不要出来。
Lenny: Then what do we eat, Buster? We have to go out for food. Or else, we'll starve to death.
伦尼:我们吃什么,巴斯特?我们必须出去寻找食物,不然,我们会饿死的。
Mrs. Toby: My, my, that's just as terrible. I don't want to starve.
托比太太:天啊,天啊,那不是一样可怕。我可不想饿死。
Mr. Toby: How about just running away? When we see Kitty coming, just run.
托比先生:我们逃跑怎么样?我们一看到凯蒂走过来,就逃跑。
Mrs. Toby: Not a bad idea, dear. But what happens when we don't see Kitty coming?
托比太太:这主意不错,亲爱的。可是如果我们没有看见凯蒂过来呢?
Mr. Toby: I didn't think of that.
托比先生:这我可没想到。
Finally, Felix, the brightest mouse at the meeting raises his hand.
最后,会议中最机灵的老鼠—菲利克斯举起了手。
Theodore: What is it, Felix? Speak up!
西奥多:你怎么想的,菲利克斯?快说出来!
Felix: Well, uh… How about hanging a bell around Kitty's neck? When we hear the bell, we can run away.
费利克斯:是这样,嗯……咱们在凯蒂的脖子上挂一个铃铛怎么样?这样我们一听到铃声,就赶快逃跑。
Theodore: That's it!!! Why didn't I think of that?
西奥多:没错!我怎么就没想到呢?
Lenny: You are a genius! Hurray for Felix!!!
伦尼:你真是个天才啊!菲利克斯万岁!
Mrs. Toby: Good job!!
托比太太:好样的!
Mr. Toby: Now we are all saved! Let's celebrate!
托比先生:这样我们大家就都可以保住性命了!我们来庆祝一下吧!
Grandpa Willy: Wait a minute!
威利爷爷:等一下!
Theodore: What's wrong, Grandpa Willy?
西奥多:怎么了,威利爷爷?
Grandpa Willy: The idea is wonderful, I agree. But I have just one question.
威利爷爷:这点子的确很了不起,我同意。但是我还有一个问题。
Lenny: What's that, Grandpa Willy?
伦尼:什么问题,威利爷爷?
Grandpa Willy: WHO is going to hang the bell around Kitty?
威利爷爷:谁去给凯蒂挂铃铛呢?
The whole room suddenly becomes silent. After a while, Mr. Toby opens his mouth.
房间里一下子变得非常安静。过了一会儿。托比先生开口了
Mr. Toby: Well, uh… I would like to, but I am too old. So how about you, Buster? You are young and strong.
托比先生:这样,嗯……我是很想去,可是我太老了。所以,你去怎么样,巴斯特?你又年轻又强壮。
Buster: No, thank you. I am not that strong. Lenny would be better. He is slim and fast.
巴斯特:不,谢谢。我可没那么强壮。还是伦尼比较合适。他这么苗条,身手又快。
Lenny: I am not that fast. How about you, Felix? You are smart. And it was YOUR idea.
伦尼:我的身手可没那么快!菲利克斯,你去怎么样?你很聪明,而且这是你出的主意。
Felix: What?! Me?! No, thanks. I don't want to be eaten. We better think of another plan.
费利克斯:什么!?我!?不了,谢谢。我可不想被吃掉。那咱们最好还是想想别的办法吧。
MORAL:A good plan is of no use if it is not carried out.
寓意:如果无法实施,一个好的计划一点用处也没有。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部