Yep, Philippa!
好 菲利帕
I hate this!
我真讨厌这项
Don't throw, push.
别往下扔 要推出去
I can't... I can't clear the yellow line.
我做不到...我扔不到黄线那
Three metres 70, so that gets you one mark.
3.7米。你可以得一分
You just need, you know, 30 more centimetres and you'll be done.
你只需要再多扔三十厘米就好了
You know, a ruler's length, and then you'll be fine.
就一把尺子那么长就行了
She got 5.3 and she's really annoyed.
她扔了5.3米 她很恼怒
How'd you do in the run? I can't remember.
你跑步成绩怎么样?我记不住了
How'd you do in sit-ups?
仰卧起坐的成绩呢
It's the only one you haven't passed.
这是你唯一没及格的一项
I know, but I don't even care about passing.
我知道。但我不关心及不及格
I just think it's a really bad, like...
我就是感觉太糟糕了 就是...
Why? I just don't think comparing yourself to others is a good, healthy lifestyle.
为什么?我不觉得把自己和别人比是一种健康向上的生活方式
This is the experience, isn't it?
这就是种经历 是不是
And this is what it's like. And I know you're supposed...
就是这样的。我知道你应该...
They're used to doing it.
他们习惯这么做
It's just a shock to us cos we've never done this sort of, like, competition every week.
但我们觉得很震惊 因为我们从来没有每周都进行比赛这样
I'm a perfectionist, so I get really hard on myself and really self-critical.
我是个完美主义者,我对自己的要求非常严格,我会怪自己不争气
I just don't think competitions like this is my sort of thing.
我觉得自己真的不擅长这样的竞争方式
Right, you need to stop, OK? Stop.
好了 别哭了 好吗 别哭了
I can't stop. But you can. You can stop,
我停不下来。你可以 别再想了
because you have to concentrate on the things that you are good at.
因为你得把注意力放在你擅长的事情上
There's nothing to hide, there's nothing to be ashamed of, OK?
没什么要遮掩的,没什么可羞愧的 明白吗
You need to hold your head up high.
你要挺胸抬头
You've been trying so hard.
你一直都很努力
It doesn't work, though. But listen to me.
但没成功。但听我说
This is how it is.
人生就是如此
Let's go get a drink and calm down.
我们去喝点东西冷静一下
You've taken onboard what I've said?
我说的你都听进去了吗
It's really hit home to me why we set students in PE.
为什么要让学生们上体育课,我觉得这个原因至关重要
But effectively, this Chinese way,
但其实这个中式方法
this, they're being told that their best isn't good enough.
让学生们明白自己尽力做到的最好还是不够好
It just puts so much pressure on them to pass
这给学生们增加了巨大的考试压力
and if they don't pass, they feel like a failure -
如果他们挂科了 他们会感觉像个失败者
and it just breaks my heart to see, to see students get so upset.
看到学生们如此沮丧,这太让我伤心了