A stand is just another word for a place to pay for something or a place that sells something.
一个款台只是另一种说法,描述为某物付款或买东西。
Lucy gets "into the shortest line and the cashier rings up" her sale - she rings her up.
露西“排到最短的一队,收银员叫她结付”她的东西——叫她结账。
Of course, you want to get in the shortest line, but normally, most people are in the longest line.
当然,你想排最短的队,但通常情况下,大多数人都排在最长的队伍里。
That's why it is the longest line, because there are more people in it.
这就是为什么它最长,因为里面有更多的人。
Think about that one!
想想那个!
Lucy is lucky and she gets in "the shortest line and the cashier," "cashier," rings her up.
露西很幸运,她排上了“最短的队”,“收银员”,“收银员”叫她。
A cashier is the person that takes your money - that takes your cash, or your credit card, or a check.
收银员是拿你的钱的人——拿你的钱,或者你的信用卡,或者支票。
To ring, "ring," someone up means to take their money.
叫,“叫”某人,意味着要拿走他们的钱。
When you are at a store and someone wants to buy something,
当你在商店里,有人想买东西时,
the person figures out or calculates how much money you need to give them and they take your money.
那个人会计算出你需要给他们多少钱,他们拿走你的钱。
That is ringing you up.
那是叫你结账。
Lucy gets her change from the cashier.
收银员给露西找了零钱。
Her change, "change," is the money back that you get when you give a cashier cash.
她的找零,“找零”就是你给收银员现金时,她找给你的钱。
So, if you buy something for 15 dollars, and you give the cashier 20 dollars, your change is five dollars.
所以,如果你买15美元的东西,你给收银员20美元,你的找零就是5美元。
You see, I studied math when I was in school!
你知道,我上学时学的是数学!
Lucy says that her bagger handed her her bags.
露西说,她的装袋工把包装袋递给她。
A bagger, "bagger," is a person in a grocery store or a supermarket that puts the food into a bag.
一位装袋工,“装袋工”,是在杂货店或超市,把食物放进袋里的人。
In most grocery stores, at least in California, they have baggers to help you.
在大多数杂货店,至少在加利福尼亚,他们有装袋工来帮你装袋。
In some stores, they don't, however.
然而,在一些商店,他们没有。
You have to put your own food into a bag.
你必须自己把食物放进袋子里。
Lucy walks "two blocks to" her "apartment," and says she is "ready for a relaxing evening at home."
露西跨过两个街区回到她的公寓,说她准备好了在家里度过一个轻松的夜晚。