90. Only the Good Die Young
好人不长命
Diana bumps into her friend, Steve.
戴安娜和她的朋友史蒂夫不期而遇。
D: Hi, Steve! It's awful hot today, isn't it?
戴安娜:嗨,史蒂夫!今天热死人了,是不是?
S: You can say that again!
史蒂夫:你说的一点儿也没错!
D: Let's go kayaking later.
戴安娜:我们待会儿去划独木舟吧。
S: Are you kidding? I can't even swim.
史蒂夫:你在开玩笑吗?我连游泳都不会。
D: So what? You'll be safe with a life jacket and a helmet on.
戴安娜:那又怎么样?穿上救生衣和戴上安全帽你就万无一失了。
S: What if the kayak capsizes?
史蒂夫:如果独木舟翻过来怎么办?
D: I'll teach you to "Eskimo roll."
戴安娜:我会教你“爱斯基摩翻滚”。
S: What's that?
史蒂夫:那是什么东西呀?
D: Well, it's a special technique we use to get the kayak upright when it overturns.
戴安娜:嗯,那是独木舟翻覆时所用的一种使独木舟翻正的特殊技巧。
S: I don't know… it sounds pretty dangerous.
史蒂夫:我不知道......听起来蛮危险的。
D: Come on. Don't worry. Only the good die young.
戴安娜:好了啦。别担心,只有好人不长命。
S: What do you mean by that?
史蒂夫:你这话什么意思?
D: Just kidding. Let's go. OK?
戴安娜:只是开玩笑。我们走吧,好不好?
S: Ok. Anyway, if only the good die young, we'll both probably live to be a hundred.
史蒂夫:好吧。反正如果只有好人不长命,那我们两个大概都会活到100岁。