100. Old Wives' Tales
无稽之谈
Connie and Willy are talking about the previous lesson.
康妮和威利正在谈论先前那一课。
C: Do you believe what they say about chili peppers?
康妮:你相信他们所说的有关红辣椒的事吗?
W: Frankly speaking, I don't.
威利:坦白说,我不相信。
The last time I got hurt playing soccer, my mom told me not to eat anything spicy.
上次我踢足球受伤时,我老妈告诉我别吃任何辛辣的东西。
She said it will irritate the wound.
她说那会刺激伤口。
C: My mom is the same. For example, according to her, eating fish eyes is good for the eyes.
康妮:我妈也是这样。举个例子来说,根据她的说法,吃鱼的眼镜对视力有益。
W: If you think that's weird, listen to this.
威利:如果你认为那很怪异,听听这个。
My mom says eating pigs' brains makes you smart.
我的妈妈说吃猪脑能使人聪明。
C: Are you kidding? Frankly speaking, I don't believe in any of these of wives' tales.
康妮:你在开玩笑吗?坦白说,我不相信任何这些无稽之谈。
W: I wish you would tell that to my mom. I'm sick of eating pigs' brains.
威利:我希望你能这么告诉我老妈。我对吃猪脑已经很厌烦了。
C: Poor guy!
康妮:可怜的家伙!
W: Don't tell anyone, OK? Or I'll never hear the end of it .
威利:别告诉任何人好吗?否则我的耳根就别想清净了。
C: Ok. It doesn't work anyway.
康妮:好吧。反正那也没什么用。
W: What do you mean?
威利:你这句话是什么意思?
C: I'm only kidding. You're at least as smart as a pig.
康妮:只是开玩笑罢了。你至少聪明得像头猪。