68. A Promise Is a Promise
第68课 君子一言,驷马难追
Larry is talking to his classmate, Hedy. (L= Larry; H=Hedy)
赖瑞正在和他的同学海蒂谈话。
Hi, Hedy! What seems to be bothering you?
嗨, 海蒂!好像有什么事情烦着你?
I don't understand why my boyfriend finds it so hard to keep his word.
我不懂为何我的男友会觉得说话算话那么难。
What has he done this time?
他这次干了什么好事?
Well, he made a date with me to see a movie last night, but he stood me up.
嗯, 他昨晚约我去看电影但是他让我空等了。
What a lousy guy!
真是个差劲的家伙!
I know. And there's nothing worse than to be in love with such a guy.
我知道。而且没有比爱上这种家伙更糟的事了。
Why don't you just dump him?
你何不就把他给甩了?
I can't.
我做不到。
Why not?
为什么?
I promised I'd never leave him. And a promise is a promise.
我答应过他我绝不会离开他的。君子一言, 驷马难追。
Oh, boy.
哦, 天啊!