32. Goldfish, Souls and Coffee Table
第32课 金钱、灵魂和茶几
Ms. Smith, an American, is talking to Mr. Ting, an expert on feng shui.
美国籍的史密斯小姐正和风水专家丁先生交谈。
S: What changes would you suggest for my house?
你建议我房子应该做些什么改变?
T: I think that you should get an aquarium with goldfish.
我认为你应该买个水族箱,里面养些鱼。
S: Why?
为什么?
T: Goldfish bring good luck.
金鱼会带来好运。
S: Ok. Anything else?
好啊。还有什么?
T: You should also get rid of that mirror in front of your bed.
你还应该把你床前的那面镜子拿走。
S: Why?
为什么?
T: Your soul travels at night. It must find its way back to the body. The soul might see your body in the mirror and get confused.
你的灵魂晚上会出来游荡。它必须找到回躯壳的路。你的灵魂可能会看到你镜子里的躯壳而搞糊涂。
S: Hmm…really? What else?
呃……真的吗?还有呢?
T: Um… (He bumps into a coffee table.) ouch! And get rid of this table.
呃……(他撞到茶几。)哎哦!把这张茶几也拿走。
S: Why? It's just a coffee table.
为什么?只是张茶几嘛。
T: It's dangerous. It will bring you bad luck.
那东西很危险,会给你带来厄运的。
S: Uh… are you sure?
呃……你确定吗?