Lesson 9 Small Talk
第九课 闲聊
March 18
3月18日
Looking for Rob's Friend
找寻朋友
Read it!
读读看!
Toby is visiting Rob for an interview.
托比要拜访罗柏接受一场访谈,
But Toby is lost!
可是托比迷路了!
Taylor helps Rob find him.
泰乐帮助罗柏找他。
Toby is in the office.
托比在办公室里,
Abby says he turned left.
雅碧说他转向左边,
He walked into the cafe.
走进了咖啡馆。
Susie saw Toby, too.
苏希也看到了托比,
Taylor just missed him.
泰乐刚刚错过他。
He isn't in the cafe.
他不在咖啡馆里,
He turned right.
他转向了右边,
Toby is looking for her.
托比在找她。
Conversation A
会话A
Are you ready for the interview, Rob?
罗柏,你准备好要进行访谈了吗?
No, I'm not! I can't start the interview.
不行!我不能开始访谈,
Toby isn't here.
托比还没到。
Oh, no! You need to start the show.
糟糕!你的节目要开始了,
Where is he?
他在哪里?
I don't know. He's somewhere in the office.
我不知道。他应该在办公室里面,
We need to find him.
我们必须找到他。
Can you help me?
妳可以帮我吗?
Yes, I can. Don't worry, Rob.
可以。别担心,罗柏,
I can find him.
我会找到他的。
Conversation B
会话B
Hey, Abby. I'm looking for Toby.
嘿,雅碧,我在找托比,
He is visiting Rob for an interview.
他来拜访罗柏要接受访谈。
Do you know where he is?
妳知道他在哪里吗?
Yes. He was here a minute ago.
知道,他一分钟前还在这里。
Great! Where did he go?
太好了!他到哪里去了?
Rob needs him for the interview.
罗柏需要他进行访谈。
He walked away from my desk.
他从我的办公桌走开,
Then he turned left.
然后转向左边。
Maybe he's in the cafe.
说不定他在咖啡馆里。
OK. Thank you!
好,谢谢妳!
Conversation C
会话C
Hi, Taylor. How is your day going?
嗨,泰乐,妳今天过得怎么样?
Sorry, Susie. I can't talk now.
对不起,苏希,我现在没办法和妳说话,
I'm looking for Toby.
我在找托比。
Wait. Isn't he talking to Rob?
等一下,他不是在接受罗柏的访谈吗?
No. I can't find him.
还没,我找不到他。
He is lost.
他迷路了。
Did he come in here?
他有进来这里吗?
Yes, he did. He was looking for you.
有, 他在找妳,
You just missed him.
妳才刚错过他。
Did he go right or left?
他往右边还是左边走?
He turned right.
他往右边走。