February 6
2月6日
Read it!
读读看!
Taylor didn't like the first apartment.
泰乐不喜欢第一间公寓,
There were cockroaches in the bathroom.
那间公寓的浴室里有蟑螂。
She and Susie looked at another apartment.
她和苏希看了另一间公寓。
It is nicer than Taylor expected.
这间公寓比泰乐预期的还好,
It is in a safe area, and she can get a parking space with it.
不但位在一个安全的区域,而且还附车位。
The landlord said Taylor can paint it, and she can use one bedroom for an office.
房东说泰乐可以粉刷公寓,而且她可以把一间卧房当成工作室。
Taylor has a new home!
泰乐找到新家了!
Conversation A
会话A
Hi, Taylor. How are you?
嗨,泰乐,妳好吗?
OK. I'm still looking for an apartment, Susie.
还好。苏希,我还在找公寓呢。
Too bad.
真糟糕。
Didn't you look at one yesterday with Rob?
妳昨天不是和罗柏去看了一间公寓吗?
Yes, I did.
是啊,
When I looked in the bathroom, there were cockroaches in it!
可是我看浴室的时候,里面竟然有蟑螂!
Ew! I wouldn't live there!
恶!我一定不要住在那里!
That's why I'm looking at another place after work.
所以我下班后才要去看另一个地方。
Will you come with me?
妳愿意陪我去吗?
Sure! I'd be glad to.
好啊!我很乐意。
Conversation B
会话B
This apartment is nicer than I expected.
这间公寓比我预期的还要好,
But I don't really need three bedrooms.
可是我实在不需要三间卧房。
But the rent is really good.
可是租金很便宜,
It's only $800 a month!
一个月只要八百美元!
True. And it's in a nice area.
的确,而且这个区域又很好。
It's also in a safe area.
这个区域也很安全。
There's a park down the street.
这条街过去一点就有一个公园,
You can exercise there in the evenings.
妳晚上可以去那里运动。
Yes. And I get a parking space with the apartment.
没错,而且这间公寓还附车位。
Conversation C
会话C
Did you find a place to live, Taylor?
泰乐,妳找到新家了吗?
I did, Rob. It's on River Road right near the park.
找到了,罗柏, 在小河路上,就在公园附近。
The apartment is a little old.
那间公寓有点老旧,
But the landlord said I can paint it.
可是房东说我可以自己粉刷。
That's nice.
那不错呀。
Yes! It has three bedrooms.
是啊!那间公寓有三间卧房。
I can have a guest room.
我可以把一间当成客房,
And I'll use the other bedroom for an office.
另一间当成工作室。
Sounds perfect.
听起来很理想。
It is!
没错!
And best of all, no cockroaches!
最棒的是,那里没有蟑螂!