Lesson 8 Health
第八课 健康
December 17
12月17日
A Flu Shot for Jim
施打流感疫苗
Read it!
读读看!
Carol got a flu shot because she doesn't want to get the flu.
卡萝因为不想被传染流行性感冒就去打了流感疫苗。
Jim is afraid of needles.
吉姆很怕打针,
He thinks that the shot will hurt.
他认为打疫苗会痛。
Carol's arm only ached a little.
卡萝的手臂只痛了一会。
Susie didn't get the flu shot last year, and she got really sick.
苏希去年没有打流感疫苗,结果她生了一场大病。
She had a fever and a bad cough.
她发高烧,而且咳嗽得很厉害。
Conversation A
会话A
Carol, where were you today?
卡萝,妳今天去哪里?
I didn't see you in the office.
我在办公室没看到妳。
I went to the doctor to get a flu shot.
我去医生那边打流感疫苗。
Ow! I don't like getting shots.
哦!我不喜欢打针。
I don't either, but shots keep you from getting sick.
我也不喜欢,但是疫苗能防止你生病。
I don't want to get the flu.
我不想被传染流感。
Shots hurt.
打针好痛喔,
I don't know if I want to get a flu shot.
我不认为我想打流感疫苗。
Do you want to get the flu instead?
那你宁愿得流感吗?
Conversation B
会话B
Maybe! I'm afraid of needles.
可能喔!我很怕针头。
Needles can be a little scary, but the doctors know that.
注射针可能有点吓人,但是医生都了解我们的心情。
They give shots quickly, so it won't hurt as much.
他们打针打得很快,所以不会那么痛。
Really? Are you sure?
真的吗?妳确定吗?
Yes, I'm sure.
是,我很确定。
When I got my shot, my arm only ached a little.
我打我的疫苗时,我的手臂才痛一点点,
Now I feel fine.
我现在没事了。
A little shot is much better than getting sick.
小小一针比生病好太多啦。
Maybe getting a flu shot wouldn't be that bad.
或许打一针流感疫苗没有那么糟。
Conversation C
会话C
Hi, Jim! Hi, Carol!
嗨,吉姆!嗨,卡萝!
What are you talking about?
你们在聊什么?
Jim doesn't want to get a flu shot.
吉姆不想打流感疫苗。
Jim, you should!
吉姆,你应该要打的!
I didn't get one last year, and I was sorry.
我去年没打,结果好后悔。
What happened?
发生什么事?
I got the flu, and it wasn't fun.
我得了流感啦,而且一点也不好玩。
I had a fever and a bad cough.
我发高烧而且咳嗽得很厉害,
I had to stay home for a week.
必须请病假在家一个礼拜。
That sounds terrible.
听起来很惨,
I guess I should get a flu shot.
我想我应该去打流感疫苗。