搜索

大家说英语 第60期:集资济贫

查看: 349.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 14:36:17 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
大家说英语 第60期:集资济贫
Lesson 9 Around Town
第九课 小城风情
November 21
11月21日
The Food Drive
集资济贫
Read it!
读读看!
Christmas is coming soon!
圣诞节就快到了!
It's a busy time, but don't forget about people in need!
这是个忙碌的时节,但是不要忘了那些需要帮助的人!
Food banks are always collecting food for poor people.
食物银行救济中心总是在为穷苦民众收集食物。
If you have any extra cans of food, donate them to the food bank.
如果你有多的罐头食品,可以捐到食物银行。
There are also coat and toy drives at this time of year.
在这个时节也有收集大衣和玩具的救济活动,
Give away your old toys, if you have any.
如果你有旧的玩具,就可以送出去。
Then other kids can enjoy them!
那么其他的孩子就可以玩!
Conversation A
会话A
Jim, I heard you're collecting food.
吉姆,我听说你在收集食物。
Yes! My son's school is having a food drive this month.
对!我儿子的学校这个月有个收集食物的活动,
All the food is going to the local food bank.
所有的食物都会送到本地的食物银行救济中心。
That's great! What kinds of food do you need?
那很棒! 你需要哪种食物?
We need food that comes in cans and bags.
我们需要罐头食物和袋装食物,
That kind of food is good for a long time.
那种可以放很久的食物。
So no fresh fruits or vegetables?
所以不要新鲜的水果或蔬菜?
No. Those things won't stay fresh very long!
不要,那些食物无法长久保鲜!
Conversation B
会话B
Don't forget that the TV station's coat and toy drive starts this month.
别忘了电视台办的收集大衣和玩具活动从这个月开始。
I know! Every day, we'll ask people to bring winter coats and toys to the station.
我知道! 每天我们都请人们把他们不用的的冬天大衣和玩具拿到电视台。
Then we'll give the coats to people who don't have any.
这样我们就可以把大衣给那些一件大衣都没有的人。
It gets cold here during the winter!
冬天时这里是很冷的!
And we'll give the toys to kids for Christmas!
而且我们可以把玩具送给孩子作为圣诞节礼物!
Then even very poor families can have a good Christmas.
那么即使非常穷的家庭也可以过个美好的圣诞节。
Conversation C
会话C
We should always remember to donate things.
我们应该时时记得要捐献物品。
Right! There are lots of things we just don't need anymore.
没错!有很多东西是我们已经不需要的。
Why keep them when someone else can use them?
如果有人可以用得着,为什么要把它们留在身边?
This year I'm giving away some of my son's old clothes.
今年我要送一些儿子的旧衣服。
He's too big for them now!
他已经太大,穿不下了!
I think I'll donate some old CDs.
我想我会捐赠一些旧的CD。
Old CDs? You don't listen to them any more?
旧CD? 你不再听它们了吗?
Not really. I listen to MP3s now.
不太听了, 我现在都听MP3。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部