搜索

奥巴马每周电视讲话:维护华尔街改革成果

查看: 164.4k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 15:21:44 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
奥巴马每周电视讲话:维护华尔街改革成果
Weekly Address: Protecting the Progress We've Made with Wall Street Reform
奥巴马每周电视演讲:维护华尔街改革成果
The White House July 23, 2016
2016 年 7 月 23日白宫
Hi, everybody. I'm here with Senator Elizabeth Warren, one of our strongest advocates for families and consumers like you.
嗨,大家好。我请来的嘉宾是参议员伊丽莎白·沃伦,一位家庭与消费者的得力捍卫者。
Today, we want to talk about some of the actions we've taken to protect everything you've worked so hard to build.
今天要谈的是,我们为保护你们一切努力成果所采取的一些措施。
Eight years ago, after some big banks made irresponsible and risky bets with your money, we almost slipped into another Great Depression.
八年前,一些大银行用你们的钱不负责任地进行高风险豪赌,我们几乎陷入另一场大萧条。
While the recklessness started on Wall Street, it didn't take long before it led to real pain for folks on Main Street.
从华尔街鲁莽行事开始,没多久就给大街上人们带来切肤之痛。
It would cost millions of our fellow Americans their jobs, homes, and savings.
导致数百万美国同胞失业、家庭破裂、储蓄缩水。
The financial crisis wasn't an unstoppable act of nature.
金融危机并不是一个不可阻挡的自然行为。
The whole thing could have been avoided, but we didn't have the rules in place to stop Wall Street from taking enormous risks that threatened the whole economy.
这场危机本来是可以避免的,但我们没有这方面的规则让华尔街远离危害国民经济的巨大风险。
We didn't have strong protections to keep consumers from being cheated by tricks and traps on financial contracts.
我们没有强有力的保护措施, 消费者落入了金融合同欺骗的陷阱。
So when I took office in the darkest days of the crisis, I promised you we wouldn't just recover from crisis
所以在金融危机最黑暗的日子,我一上任,就向你们承诺,不仅要从危机中复苏,
we'd rebuild our economy on a new foundation to make sure a crisis like that never happens again.
我们将在一个新的基础上重建我们的经济,以确保不会再次发生这样的危机。
And President Obama delivered.
奥巴马总统履行了承诺。
He signed into law the toughest Wall Street reforms and strongest consumer protections in generations.Now, trust me - I'm a pretty tough grader.
他签署了最严厉的华尔街改革法和最强力的消费者保护法。相信我,我是相当棒的评判师。
These new rules are making our financial system more transparent, getting rid of a lot of fine print,
这些新规则使我们的金融体系变得更加透明,摆脱了大量的繁文缛节,
and making sure that if a bank screws up, you have someone to call so you don't get stuck with the bill.
即使个别银行出问题,会有电话提醒你,确保资金流不会受阻。
These reforms have already made our financial system safer and more resilient.
这些改革已经使我们的金融系统更安全、更具弹性。
And part of passing those strong consumer protections meant establishing the first-ever Consumer Financial Protection Bureau,
通过的消费者保护法部分成果就是首次建立了消费者金融保护局,
based on an idea that Senator Warren came up with before the crisis even began.
这是参议员沃伦在危机开始之前提议的。
Every day, the good people at that independent agency crack down on dishonest and deceptive practices like the ones that helped cause the crash.
每天独立机构人员严格取缔不守诚信的欺诈行为, 如一些曾经导致客户倾家荡产的行为。
The proof is in the more than 27 million consumers who in just five years have gotten refunds and other relief from credit card companies,pay day lenders,
证据是 2700多万消费者近五年里获得退款和其他债务救济, 而信用卡公司、发薪日高利贷、
debt collectors, and others that tried to rip them off.
收债人等试图以此渔利。
Before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, you didn't have a strong ally to turn to if your bank took advantage of you,
在消费者金融保护局设立前,消费者没有强大机构阻止银行下套、
or you were being harassed or charged inappropriate fees. Now you do.
骚扰或收取不适当的费用。现在就不用担心了。
The Bureau is also there to help you make better-informed decisions.
消费者金融保护局还帮你做出这方面更明智抉择。
Before you take out a mortgage, or a loan for college or a new car, check out the agency's website - CFPB.gov.
申请质押、贷款上学或贷款购新车时,请进该局网站:CFPB.gov。
It can help you sift through the confusing but very important details.
它可以帮你审核清楚不放过非常重要的细节。
Republicans and big banks who opposed these commonsense rules claimed they'd hurt the economy.
共和党和大银行反对这些常识性的规则,声称他们会伤害经济。
But we've seen what happened to the economy when we didn't have these rules in place.
但我们已看到没有这些规则时,经济会是什么样。
And despite their claims, our economy is stronger today than it was before the crisis.
他们不承认我们的经济今天强于危机之前。
Since we dug out from the worst of it, our businesses have added almost 15 million new jobs.
自从我们从低谷中走出来, 美国企业新增近 1500万个就业机会。
Corporate profits are up, lending to businesses is up, and the stock market has hit an all-time high.
企业利润上升,企业贷款增加,股市创历史新高。
So the idea this was bad for business just doesn't hold water.
因此,经济形势糟糕的看法完全站不住脚。
Now our task should be making sure we build on those gains, and make sure they're felt by everybody.
现在的任务应该确保我们立足于这些成果之上,并确保每个人都感受到。
But every year, like clockwork, big banks and their Republican allies in Congress try to roll back these protections and try to undermine the consumer watchdog,
但每年像闹钟响了一样, 大银行与国会共和党议员试图推翻这些保护措施,并削弱消费者的守护神,
whose only job is to look out for you.
他们唯一的工作是寻找你。
Their nominee for President promises to dismantle all of it.
他们提名的总统候选人承诺将废除所有这一切。
Now look,they may have forgotten about the crisis, but working families sure haven't.
现在,看吧,他们可能已忘记了危机,但工薪家庭实在忘不了。
And we haven't either. And that's why we're not going to let them give Wall Street the ability to threaten our economy all over again.
我们也忘不了。为此,我们不会让华尔街有能力再次威胁美国经济。
Whether you're a Democrat, a Republican, or an independent, if you're a hardworking American who plays by the rules,
无论你是民主党人、共和党人、或独立人士,只要你是勤劳守法的美国人,
you should expect Wall Street to play by the rules, too. That's what we're fighting for.
你应该期望华尔街按规则运行。这就是我们要争取的。
It's about basic fairness for everyone.
它是人人公平的基础。
And it's about responsibility from everyone.
它是每个人的责任。
Thanks to leaders like Senator Warren, our country, our economy, and our families are better off.
由于有参议员沃伦这样的领袖,我们的国家、我们的经济、我们的家庭才更美好。
Let's keep it that way. And thanks for being here, Elizabeth.
让我们保持这种状态。感谢伊丽莎白来到这里。
Thanks for having me, Mr. President.
谢谢你的邀请,总统先生。
Have a great weekend, everybody.
大家周末愉快!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部