搜索

奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁尽早结束政府关闭

查看: 297.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 15:22:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁尽早结束政府关闭
Good morning.
大家早上好。
Earlier this week, the Republican House of Representatives chose to shut down a government they don't like over a health care law they don't like.
本周早些时候,众议院共和党人以对医保法不满为由让政府关闭。
And I've talked a lot about the real-world consequences of this shutdown in recent days-the services disrupted; the benefits delayed; the public servants kicked off the job without pay.
而且我最近也谈到了这种现状对现实生活产生的很多影响,包括公共服务的终止、福利的延迟发放、公职人员因停薪而被迫离开工作岗位等等。
But today, I want to let the Americans dealing with those real-world consequences have their say.
但今天,我希望通过应对这些现实生活中连锁反应的美国人民来表达自己的意见。
And these are just a few of the many heartbreaking letters I've gotten from them in the past couple weeks-including more than 30,000 over the past few days.
以下是我最近几个星期收到的大量令人心酸信件中的几份,这样的信在最近几天就超过了3万封。
Kelly Mumper lives in rural Alabama.
凯利?姆普尔生活在亚拉巴马州乡村。
She works in early education, and has three children of her own in the Marines.
她的职业是一名幼儿园教师,而她的三个孩子都在海军陆战队服役。
Here's what she wrote to me on Wednesday.
这是她周三写给我的信。
“Our Head Start agency…was forced to stop providing services on October 1st for over 770 children, and 175 staff were furloughed.
“10月1日我们的幼儿园被迫停止了770个孩子的课程,175名员工被迫休假。
I am extremely concerned for the welfare of these children.
我十分关心这些孩子们的福利问题。
There are parents who work and who attend school.
孩子们的家长也来到学校做工作。
Where are they leaving their children…is it a safe environment…are getting the food that they receive at their Head Start program?”
他们想知道,他们把孩子送到这里来,这里能否给孩子们一个安全的环境,孩子们是否能得到学前教育计划规定的食物?”
On the day Julia Pruden's application to buy a home for her and her special needs children was approved by the USDA's rural development direct loan program, she wrote me from Minot, North Dakota.
在茱莉亚?普雷登为她和残障孩子提交的购房申请被农业部农村发展直接贷款计划批准的当天,北达科他州的米诺特市的她写信给我。
“We put in an offer to purchase a home this weekend,
“我们这周末提交了购房申请,
and it was accepted…if funding does not go through, our chances of the American Dream down the drain…
申请被批准…如果贷款没有了,我们实现美国梦的机会也就随即破灭…
We have worked really hard to get our credit to be acceptable to purchase a home…
我们都非常勤劳地工作才争取到买房子的信用资格…
if it weren't for the direct lending program provided by the USDA, we would not qualify to buy the home we found.”
如果没有农业部提供的直接贷款计划,我们是没有条件自己买房的。”
These are just two of the many letters I've received from people who work hard; try to make ends meet; try to do right by their families.
这只是我收到的众多辛勤工作,勉强维持生活,努力为家庭做贡献人们来信中的两封。
They're military or military spouses who've seen commissaries closed on their bases.
他们当中有军人和军人家属眼看着基地的供应中心关门。
They're veterans worried the services they've earned won't be there.
有退伍老兵担忧他们应得的福利不再发放。
They're business owners who've seen their contracts with the government put on hold, worried they'll have to let people go.
有企业主眼看着他们与政府的合同被束之高阁,还要担忧让员工离职。
I want them to know, I read the stories you share with me.
我希望让你们知道,你们的信我都已经读过。
These are our fellow Americans. These are the people who sent us here to serve.
这些都是我们的同胞。他们是选择我们到这里来为人民服务的人。
And I know that Republicans in the House of Representatives are hearing the same kinds of stories, too.
我知道众议院的共和党人也在亲身经历着同样的事情。
As I made clear to them this week, there's only one way out of this reckless and damaging shutdown:
正如我本周明确表示的一样,对于当前这种不计后果和造成巨大伤害的政府关门现状只有一条出路:
pass a budget that funds our government, with no partisan strings attached.
通过没有任何附加条件的预算法案为政府提供资金。
The Senate has already done this.
参议院已经完成了这项工作。
And there are enough Republican and Democratic votes in the House of Representatives willing to do the same, and end this shutdown immediately.
而且众议院也有大量共和党人和民主党人同意这么做,以尽快结束这种政府关门现状。
But the far right of the Republican Party won't let Speaker John Boehner give that bill a yes-or-no vote.
但共和党的极右派分子并不想让约翰?博纳议长同意对此进行投票表决。
Take that vote.
事不宜迟,
Stop this farce.
终止闹剧,
End this shutdown now.
现在就结束政府关闭吧。
The American people don't get to demand ransom in exchange for doing their job. Neither does Congress.
美国人民不能为换取他们正常的工作而支付勒索赎金。国会也是。
They don't get to hold our democracy or our economy hostage over a settled law.
他们不能因为一部既定法律就以我们的民主制度或经济发展为要挟。
They don't get to kick a child out of Head Start if I don't agree to take her parents' health insurance away.
他们也不能因为我不同意将孩子们的父母的医疗保险取消就要取消孩子们的学前教育计划。
That's not how our democracy is supposed to work.
我们的民主制度不是为了这种结果而存在。
That's why I won't pay a ransom in exchange for reopening the government.
因此我不会为换取政府的重新开门而屈服去支付赎金。
And I certainly won't pay a ransom in exchange for raising the debt ceiling.
我也绝对不会为换取债务上限的提高而支付赎金。
For as reckless as a government shutdown is, an economic shutdown that comes with default would be dramatically worse.
与这种不计后果的政府关门相比,伴随债务违约而来的整个经济停止运转带来的后果才更加严重。
I'll always work with anyone of either party on ways to grow this economy, create new jobs, and get our fiscal house in order for the long haul.
我将一如既往的与任何党派的任何人合作,共同推动经济发展,创造就业,为财政的长远发展建立秩序。
But not under the shadow of these threats to our economy.
但前提是不能威胁到当前经济的发展。
Pass a budget. End this government shutdown.
通过预算,结束政府关闭。
Pay our bills. Prevent an economic shutdown.
按期偿还债务,避免经济崩溃。
These Americans and millions of others are counting on Congress to do the right thing.
美国人和其他成千上万的人都在期待着国会做出正确的选择。
And I will do everything I can to make sure they do.
我也将继续竭尽所能确保他们做好这件事。
Thank you.
谢谢大家。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部