搜索

奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统呼吁促进地产业增长

查看: 138.9k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 15:22:38 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
奥巴马总统每周电台演讲:总统呼吁促进地产业增长
Hi, everybody.
嗨,大家好!
Our top priority as a nation is reigniting the true engine of our economic growth—a rising, thriving middle class.
作为一个国家的我们,最高任务就是重新点燃促进经济增长的真正引擎:一个不断增长、复苏繁荣的中产阶级。
And few things define what it is to be middle class in America more than owning your own cornerstone of the American Dream: a home.
如何定义中产阶级,再也没有成就美国梦基础更重要的事物了这就是房子。
Today, seven years after the real estate bubble burst,
今天,距离地产泡沫破灭已经过去七年,
triggering the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression and costing millions of responsible Americans their jobs and their homes,
曾经的它造成了我们的大萧条以来最严重的经济危机,让数百万有责任心的美国民众失去了工作和房屋,
our housing market is healing.
而现在,地产市场已经复苏。
Sales are up.
销售上涨,
Foreclosures are down.
强制抵押下降,
Construction is expanding.
建设也正在开展。
And thanks to rising home prices over the past year, 1.7 million more families have been able to come up for air,
而由于去年房价上涨,170万个家庭终于能送口气,
because they're no longer underwater on their mortgages.
因为他们不用再为房屋抵押贷款资不抵债忧心忡忡。
From the day I took office,
自从我上任以来,
I've made it a priority to help responsible homeowners and prevent the kind of recklessness that helped cause this crisis in the first place.
我就将帮助负责任的房主及预防引发此种危机的不负责任行径作为我的头等要务。
My housing plan has already helped more than two million people refinance their mortgages,
我的住房计划已经帮助200多万人转按揭住房抵押贷了,
and they're saving an average of $3000 per year.
这样他们每年平均可节省3000美元。
My new consumer watchdog agency is moving forward on protections like a simpler, shorter mortgage form that will help to keep hard-working families from getting ripped off.
我的新消费者权益保护机构正在推行一种更简便、周期更短的抵押贷款形式以此帮助辛勤付出的家庭不再受到不公对待。
But we've got more work to do.
但我们要做的还有更多。
We've got more responsible homeowners to help.
我们还需要帮助更多负责任的房主,
folks who have never missed a mortgage payment,
他们一直都是按期偿还贷款,
but aren't allowed to refinance;
但他们得不到转按揭的机会,
working families who have done everything right,
一直都遵纪守法大量工薪家庭,
but still owe more on their homes than they're worth.
却依然承担这比房屋价格更高的贷款。
Last week, I nominated a man named Mel Watt to take on these challenges as the head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
上周我提名梅尔瓦特任职联邦住房局局长来应对这些挑战。
Mel's represented the people of North Carolina in Congress for 20 years, and in that time,
梅尔曾代表北卡担任国会20余年,而在那个时候,
he helped lead efforts to put in place rules of the road that protect consumers from dishonest mortgage lenders, and give responsible Americans the chance to own their own home.
他致力于制定监管措施保护消费者免受不诚实抵押放贷人的侵害,让负责任的美国人能有拥有自己房子的机会。
He's the right person for the job,
他无疑是这一职位的合适人选,
and that's why Congress should do its job, and confirm him without delay.
而这也是国会应该马上行动,不要迟延确认这一人事任命的原因。
And they shouldn't stop there.
而且国会不能就到此为止。
As I said before, more than two million Americans have already refinanced at today's low rates,
正如我以前说过,已经有200多万人利用当前的低利率重做了按揭贷款,
but we can do a lot better than that.
但我们还能做的比这更好。
I've called on Congress to give every responsible homeowner the chance to refinance, and with it, the opportunity to save $3,000 a year.
我已经呼吁国会给每一名负责任的房主转按揭的机会,它是关乎每年节省3000美元的关键。
That's like a $3,000 tax cut.
就好像3000美元的减税。
And if you're one of the millions of Americans who could take advantage of that,
如果你是千百万可以享受这一政策的其中一人,
you should ask your representative in Congress why they won't act on it.
你就应该呼吁你的议员代表们,并问问他们为什么对此还无动于衷。
Our economy and our housing market are poised for progress,
我们的经济和房产市场已经准备好,
but we could do so much more if we work together.
但如果我们携起手来,我们将取得更大的进步。
More good jobs.
创造更多就业岗位,
Greater security for middle-class families.
为中产阶级带来更多的安全保障,
A sense that your hard work is rewarded.
坚信辛勤的付出能够带来回报。
That's what I'm fighting for,
这就是我所争取的,
and that's what I'm going to keep fighting for as long as I hold this office.
而只要仍然身负总统之位,我都要继续为之奋斗。
Thank you.
谢谢大家,
And have a great weekend.
祝你们周末愉快。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部