I'm curious,did you have a speech written?You were nominated.
我很好奇 你提前做发言稿吗 显然你被提名了
You lost to J.K.Simmons,did you have a speech ready to go?
你输给了JK.西蒙斯 你准备了发言稿了吗
who by the way is a great,great actor those of us in the trade have been watching for many many years.
顺便提一下 他是非常非常出色的演员 我们这一行很多人都看了很多年
He's always been great.This is just people catching up to how great he's been.
他一直都很棒 这只是大家意识到他一直以来到底有多棒
So he deserved every kind of accolade for that performance.
他的表现 配得上那些荣誉
I salute him.I think,you know,they drill it in.
我向他致敬 我觉得 他们会反复练习
you go to the nominee luncheons,and they say will you have 45 seconds and we're not kidding.
你去参加提名午宴 他们说你有45秒时间 我们不是开玩笑
The music will start and Mic will drop.So,practice,don't wing it.
音乐开始响 麦克风会下降 好好练习 别即兴发挥
So,you kind feel like,well I better think of something.
所以你想 我最好做好准备
I can't say I spent the same six months Lady Gaga apparently spent preparing Julie Andrews.
我不能说我花了6个月时间 好像嘎嘎小姐 朱莉·安德鲁斯那样准备
Which was amazing.Absolutely amazing,which was great.
真是太棒了 真的很不错
But,you know,you kind of think well,what would I say?
但你会想 我该说什么呢
And one of my partners called me and said,Have you seen the Vegas odds for your thing?
我的一位搭档打给我说 你看到维加斯的赔率了吗
And I said no.He said,you're not going to be talking.
我说没有 他说你不会有机会发言的
That's a really good friend.I wouldn't worry about it.
真是好朋友 要我我就不会担心
Yeah,I ran into Paul,also one of the great filmmakers,on one of these things,said it's terrific.I don't think it's going to be your year.
是啊 我碰到保罗 也是很棒的电影人 他们说那样真是太糟糕了 我觉得今年也不是你会获奖的时候