Can you imagine? Now let's, we can see that's a traditional Native American. Now I just want to change that guy's race.
你能想象吗?现在,我们可以看到这是一位典型的美洲原住民。现在我想改变那家伙的种族。
Just imagine if that's a black guy.
想象一下,如果这是一个黑人。
So, Honey, come here, let's get your picture with the black guy.
然后,亲爱的,到这里来,我们来给你和这个黑人拍张照。
Right? Like, seriously, nobody would do this.
是吗?说真的,没有人会这么做。
It baffles the mind. And so Zig, being Indian,
这个想法太使人困惑了。齐格,作为印第安人,
likewise it baffles his mind. His favorite photograph,my favorite photograph of his, which I don't have in here is Indian taking picture of white people taking pictures of Indians.
同样感到困惑。他最喜欢的照片—也是我最喜欢的一张,但这里没有—是一个印第安人正在拍摄一个给印第安人拍照的白人的照片。
So I happen to be at dinner with this photographer,
总之我碰巧与这个摄影师参加同一个宴会,
and he was talking with another photographer about a shooting that had occurred,
当时他正与另一个摄影师谈论一起刚刚发生的枪击案,
and it was on an Indian reservation. He'd taken his camera up there to photograph it, but when he got there,
发生在印第安人保留区。他当时带了相机准备到那里拍照,但当他到了那儿,
he discovered he couldn't do it. He just couldn't capture the picture. And so they were talking back and forth about this question. Do you take the picture or not?
他发现他做不到。他总是没有办法按下快门。所以他们翻来覆去地讨论这一问题。你会拍摄枪击案的照片么?
And that was fascinating to me as a game designer,
他们的对话让我有了从未有过的想法,
because it never occurs to me, like, should I make the game about this difficult topic or not?
比如,作为一个游戏设计者,我是否应该设计涉及沉重主题的游戏?
Because we just make things that are fun or, you know,will make you feel fear, you know, that visceral excitement.
我们通常制作的游戏都是有趣的,或是让人恐惧的,你知道,那种让人本能地感到兴奋的游戏。
But every other medium does it.
但所有其他的媒介都会这么做。
So this is my kid. This is Maezza, and when she was seven years old, she came home from school one day,
这是我的孩子,Maezza,她七岁的时候,有一天她放学回家,
and like I do every single day, I asked her,
我像平常一样问她,
What'd you do today?
今天你过的怎么样?
So she said, We talked about the Middle Passage.
她说:我们今天讨论了中央航路。(横渡大西洋贩卖黑奴的航线)
Now, this was a big moment. Maezza's dad is black,
这是一个重大的时刻。Maezza 的爸爸是黑人,
and I knew this day was coming. I wasn't expecting it at seven. I don't know why, but I wasn't.
而我知道这一天迟早会来。但真没想到会是在她只有七岁的时候。我不知道为什么,但我确实没想到。
Anyways, so I asked her, How do you feel about that?
于是,我接着问她:你感觉怎么样?
So she proceeded to tell me, and so any of you who are parents will recognize the bingo buzzwords here.
她接着告诉我,用你们中任何一位为人父母者都熟悉的宾果流行语来回答。
So the ships start in England, they come down from England, they go to Africa, they go across the ocean that's the Middle Passage part-they come to America where the slaves are sold, she's telling me.
一开始那些船舶在英国,它们向下航行, 离开英国,来到非洲,又跨越大洋—这就是中央航路的部分—它们来到美国在那里出售奴隶,她告诉我。
But Abraham Lincoln was elected president, and then he passed the Emancipation Proclamation, and now they're free.
但亚伯拉罕 · 林肯当选为总统,然后,他通过了奴隶解放宣言,所以现在他们自由了。