搜索

TED演讲:为了理解而游戏(5)

查看: 208.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:00:30 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲:为了理解而游戏(5)
After a month she says to me,
总之,一个月后,她对我说,
Did this really happen?
那些事情真的发生了吗?
And I said, Yes. And so she said, So, if I came out of the woods — this is her brother and sister—If I came out of the woods, Avalon and Donovan might be gone.Yes.
我说,是的。之后她说,那么,如果我当时出生了—这是她的哥哥姐姐—如果我出生了,Avalon 和 Donovan 可能就不在了? 是的。
But I'd get to see them in America.No.
但我到美国后会再见到他们吧?不会。
But what if I saw them? You know, couldn't we stay together?No.
但万一我们能见面呢?我们不能呆在一起吗? 不能。
So Daddy could be gone.Yes.
那么爸爸也可能不在了? 是的。
And she was fascinated by this, and she started to cry,
她被吓呆了,之后她开始哭泣,
and I started to cry, and her father started to cry,
我也开始哭,她的父亲也开始哭,
and now we're all crying. He didn't expect to come home from work to the Middle Passage,
然后我们一起哭。他没想到下班回家会遇到中央航路这档子事,
but there it goes.
但它就是发生了。
And so, we made this game, and she got it.
总之,我们一起玩了这样一个游戏,最后她懂了其中的含义。
She got it because she spent time with these people.
她懂了,因为她与这些人共同经历了那个过程。
It wasn't abstract stuff in a brochure or in a movie.
这不像书本或电影里的教化那样是抽象的东西。
And so it was just an incredibly powerful experience.
这是一次令人惊叹、充满力量的体验。
This is the game, which I've ended up calling.
这就是那个游戏,我后来给它起了个名字。
The New World, because I like the phrase.
叫做《新世界》,因为我喜欢这个叫法。
I don't think the New World felt too new worldly exciting to the people who were brought over on slave ships.
我不认为新世界会带来什么世俗的兴奋感,尤其对于那些曾经从奴隶船上下来的人们。
But when this happened, I saw the whole planet.
但当这一切发生时,我看到了整个世界。
I was so excited. It was like, I'd been making games for 20-some years, and then I decided to do it again.
我感觉太激动了。这就像是,我设计游戏已经超过二十年,而我决定再做一些类似的游戏。
My history is Irish.
我的故乡是爱尔兰。
So this is a game called Síochán Leat. It's peace be with you.
这个游戏叫做Síochán Leat。意思是《和平与你同在》。
It's the entire history of my family in a single game.
仅仅这一个游戏就包含了我的整个家族史。
I made another game called Train.
我设计了另一款游戏叫做《列车》。
I was making a series of six games that covered difficult topics, and if you're going to cover a difficult topic, this is one you need to cover,
我制作了一个系列的六款游戏都是关于沉重的主题,如果你要讨论一个沉重的主题,就需要这样的游戏来开展,
and I'll let you figure out what that's about on your own.
我会让你自己通过游戏来发现关于这个主题的一切。
And I also made a game about the Trail of Tears.
我还创作了一款游戏叫做《泪痕》。
This is a game with 50,000 individual pieces.
这个游戏有着5万个独立的零件。
I was crazy when I decided to start it,
我当时肯定是疯了才决定要设计它,
but I'm in the middle of it now.
不过我现在已经进行了近一半。
It's the same thing.
这和之前的游戏是类似的。
I'm hoping that I'll teach culture through these games.
我希望通过这些游戏来传授文化。
And the one I'm working on right now, which is because I'm right in the middle of it, and these for some reason choke me up like crazy,is a game called Mexican Kitchen Workers.
而我现在正在着手设计的游戏是因为我正在全心投入,所以想到它很容易使我情绪波动,这个游戏叫做《墨西哥厨房工人》。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部