搜索

TED演讲:慈悲心与感同身受的真正涵义(2)

查看: 215.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:00:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲:慈悲心与感同身受的真正涵义(2)
And Yudhisthira replied,
尤帝士提尔答道,
The most wondrous thing in the world is that all around us people can be dying and we don't realize it can happen to us.
世上最美妙的事情就是我们所有人都将死去,而我们对此却一无所知。
I looked up.
我仰起头。
Tending those 31 dying people were young women from villages around Bangalore.
照顾这31个濒死者的是来自班加罗尔周边村子的年轻女性。
I looked into the face of one of these women,
我看着她们的脸,
and I saw in her face the strength that arises when natural compassion is really present.
在她们的脸上我看到慈悲显现时升起的力量。
I watched her hands as she bathed an old man.
我看着她的手她在给一个老年男人沐浴。
My gaze went to another young woman as she wiped the face of another dying person.
我转头望向另一个年轻女子,她在擦拭另一位临死的人的脸。
And it reminded me of something that I had just been present for.
这让我想起我刚刚演讲提到的那些内容。
Every year or so,
差不多每一年,
I have the privilege of taking clinicians into the Himalayas and the Tibetan Plateau.
我由此荣幸身负使命进入喜马拉雅地区和西藏高原。
And we run clinics in these very remote regions where there's no medical care whatsoever.
我们在每一个遥远的区域开设诊所,那里没有医疗护理此类。
And on the first day at Simikot in Humla,
我们在胡姆拉的Simikot的头一天,
far west of Nepal,
在尼泊尔的最西端,
the most impoverished region of Nepal,
全国最贫困的地区,
an old man came in clutching a bundle of rags.
一个抱着一堆破烂布片的老人走进来。
And he walked in, and somebody said something to him,
他进了门,有人招呼他,
we realized he was deaf,
然后我们发现他是耳聋,
and we looked into the rags,
我们看看那堆布片,
and there was this pair of eyes.
里头露出一双眼睛来。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部