搜索

TED演讲 第41期:谈魅力(5)

查看: 286.8k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:00:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲 第41期:谈魅力(5)
And the way we deal with that is we displace them we put them into a golden world, an imagined world,an age of heroes, the world to come.
而我们处理它的方式就是将其替换掉我们将其放入到流金岁月,幻想的世界中,即将到来的,英雄的时代。
And in the life of an individual, we often associate that with some object.
当你以个人的状态生活时,我们经常将其和某种实体联系在一起。
The white picket fence, the perfect house.
那白色的尖桩篱栅,完美的房屋。
The perfect kitchen-no bills on the counter in the perfect kitchen.
完美的厨房-在柜台上面没有任何的账单。
You know, you buy that Viking range, this is what your kitchen will look like.
你知道,你如果买的是那种北欧海盗风格的煤气灶,那么你的厨房就是这个样子的。
The perfect love life -- symbolized by the perfect necklace, the perfect diamond ring.
完美的项链象征着完美的爱情,完美的钻戒。
The perfect getaway in your perfect car.
开上你的爱车逃离一切喧嚣。
This is an interior design firm that is literally called Utopia.
这是一个叫做Utopia的室内装饰公司。
The perfect office-again, no cords, as far as I can tell.
完美的办公室同样地,整齐有序。
And certainly, no, it doesn't look a thing like my office.
当然,不,和我的办公室一点都不像。
I mean, there's no paper on the desk.
我的意思是,写字台上空空如也。
We want this golden world.
我们渴望这样完美的世界。
And some people get rich enough,and if they have their ideals-in a sort of domestic sense,they get to acquire their perfect world.
当有些人足够富有的时候,而且他们的理想又存在于那种理家的观念,他们就能达到理想的生活方式。
Dean Koontz built this fabulous home theater, which is I don't think accidentally-in Art Deco style.
Dean Koontz以装饰艺术的风格建造了这个绝伦的小影院--我认为这不是偶然的。
That symbolizes this sense of being safe and at home.
这象征了这种家能给予安全的感觉。
This is not always good, because what is your perfect world?
但这并不一定总是好的,因为你到底如何定义完美的世界?
What is your ideal, and also, what has been edited out?
你的理想模型是什么,而且,把什么剔除出去了?
Is it something important?
是一些重要的东西吗?
"The Matrix" is a movie that is all about glamour.
那么,“黑客帝国”是一部关于魅力的电影大片。
I could do a whole talk on "The Matrix" and glamour.
我可以就这个话题滔滔不绝。
It was criticized for glamorizing violence,because, look-sunglasses and those long coats, and, of course, they could walk up walls and do all these kinds of things that are impossible in the real world.
但是你知道,有批评者认为这对暴力进行了美化。因为你看-太阳镜,拉风的外衣,还有,当然,他们可以在墙上行走,做各种在现实世界中不可思议的事情。
This is another Margaret Bourke-White photo.
这是Margaret Bourke的另一张黑白照片。
This is from Soviet Union. Attractive.
来自前苏联,很不错。
I mean, look how happy the people are, and good-looking too.
我的意思是,看看这些人,多么的开心,也多么的俊俏。
You know, we're marching toward Utopia.
你知道,我们正在向着Utopia的方向前进。
I'm not a fan of PETA, but I think this is a great ad.
我并不太支持PETA,但是我认为这是一个很好的广告。
Because what they're doing is they're saying, your coat's not so glamorous, what's been edited out is something important.
因为他们的意思再清楚不过,你的大衣不够好看,缺少的就是一些重要的东西。
But actually, what's even more important than remembering what's been edited out is thinking, are the ideals good?
但是实际上,比铭记这一点更重要的是去思考,这种理想的模型真的是好的吗?
Because glamour can be very totalitarian and deceptive.
因为魅力这个东西是非常集权性和迷惑性的。
And it's not just a matter of glamorizing cleaning your floor.
而且也不仅仅关乎于“祛除”是不是一个具有魅力的工作。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部