搜索

TED演讲 第54期:信任乐队(5)

查看: 455.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:00:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲 第54期:信任乐队(5)
Now there's a project that I'm initiating at the moment that I'm very excited about and wanted to share with you,because it is all about changing perceptions,and, indeed, building a new level of trust.
有个我发起的项目我很想跟诸位分享,因为它能让我们抛弃成见,建立新层次的信任。
The youngest of my children was born with cerebral palsy,which as you can imagine,if you don't have an experience of it yourself,is quite a big thing to take on board.
我最小的孩子生下来是脑瘫,你可以想像,如果自己没有亲身经历过很难接受这样的事实。
But the gift that my gorgeous daughter has given me,aside from her very existence,is that it's opened my eyes to a whole stretch of the community that was hitherto hidden,the community of disabled people.
但是我美好的小女儿带给我的礼物,不仅是她的存在,更是重要的是我由此开始接触一个迄今为止都不了解的群体,残疾人群体。
And I found myself looking at the Paralympics and thinking how incredible,how technology's been harnessed to prove beyond doubt that disability is no barrier,to the highest levels of sporting achievement.
当我观看残奥会,想着科技已经证明残疾不再是,高水平体育成就的障碍。
Of course there's a grimmer side to that truth,which is that it's actually taken decades for the world at large to come to a position of trust,to really believe that disability and sports can go together in a convincing and interesting fashion.
当然这个事实有着惨淡的另一面,就是世界用了数十年才认识到这个事实的积极一面,相信残疾和体育可以以强大说服力和有趣的方式并存。
So I find myself asking:
我问道:
where is music in all of this?
音乐在这其中是什么位置?
You can't tell me that there aren't millions of disabled people,in the U.K. alone,with massive musical potential.
你不能否认,仅仅在英国,就有上百万的残疾人,他们具备巨大的音乐潜能。
So I decided to create a platform for that potential.
所以我决定为这潜质提供一个平台。
It's going to be Britain's first ever national disabled orchestra.
这将是英国第一个残疾人乐团。
It's called Paraorchestra.
叫做帕拉乐团。
I'm going to show you a clip now of the very first improvisation session that we had.
我将给你们看一段我们的第一个即兴作品的视频。
It was a really extraordinary moment.
那是个非同寻常的时刻。
Just me and four astonishingly gifted disabled musicians.
我和四个极具天赋的残疾人音乐家。
Normally when you improvise and I do it all the time around the world there's this initial period of horror,like everyone's too frightened to throw the hat into the ring,an awful pregnant silence.
通常即兴创作的时候,我在世界各地这么做,开始的时候有点恐惧,就像决定参加比赛前谁都会被吓坏,那种吓人的寂静。
Then suddenly, as if by magic, bang! We're all in there and it's complete bedlam. You can't hear anything.
接着突然地,像奇迹一般,我们都像着魔了一样,你什么都听不到。
No one's listening. No one's trusting.
没有人在听 没有人信任其他人。
No one's responding to each other.
没人应和其他人。
Now in this room with these four disabled musicians,within five minutes a rapt listening, a rapt response and some really insanely beautiful music.
这个屋子里的四位残疾音乐家,将在五分钟内以全神贯注的倾听和回应创造令人疯狂的每秒音乐。
My name's Nicholas McCarthy.
我叫尼古拉斯麦卡锡。
I'm 22, and I'm a left-handed pianist.
我22岁,是个左手钢琴家。
And I was born without my left hand-right hand.
我生下来就没有左手-右手。
Can I do that one again?
我能不能重来啊?
When I'm making music,I feel like a pilot in the cockpit flying an airplane.
当我创作音乐的时候,我感觉想飞机座舱里的飞行师。
I become alive.
重生了一般。
I would rather be able to play an instrument again than walk.
在能够演奏和能够走路之间我宁愿选择能演奏乐器。
There's so much joy and things I could get from playing an instrument and performing.
弹奏和表演对我来说无比有趣。
It's removed some of my paralysis.
像治愈了我的残疾。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部