搜索

TED演讲 第40期:老兵为何恋战(4)

查看: 234.9k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:00:58 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲 第40期:老兵为何恋战(4)
And he thought about it quite a long time,
他想了很久。
and finally he said, "Ma'am, I miss almost all of it."
最后说:"太太,我怀念那里所有的一切。"。
And he's one of the most traumatized people I've seen from that war.
他是我见过的经历了战争的人中受创伤最为严重的人之一。
"Ma'am, I miss almost all of it."
他说的这句"太太,我怀念那里所有的一切。"。
What is he talking about?
他是想表达什么呢?。
He's not a psychopath.
他不是神经病。
He doesn't miss killing people.
也不喜欢杀人。
He's not crazy. He doesn't miss getting shot at and seeing his friends get killed.
没有疯,也不喜欢被枪击中看到朋友牺牲。
What is it that he misses? We have to answer that.
那他怀念的是什么?这个问题我要来回答。
If we're going to stop war, we have to answer that question.
如果想要阻止战争发生,我们就必须回答这个问题。
I think what he missed is brotherhood. He missed, in some ways,the opposite of killing.
我认为,他怀念的是兄弟情谊。从某种程度上说,他怀念的是杀戮的对立面。
What he missed was connection to the other men he was with.
是他与其它士兵之间的联系。
Now, brotherhood is different from friendship.
这里,兄弟情谊不同于友谊。
Friendship happens in society, obviously.
友谊多见于社会上。
The more you like someone, the more you'd be willing to do for them.
你越喜欢一个人你越情愿为他付出。
Brotherhood has nothing to do with how you feel about the other person.
但是兄弟情谊却与对他人的感觉无关。
It's a mutual agreement in a group that you will put the welfare of the group, you will put the safety of everyone in the group above your own.
在一个群体中大家都会把整个群体的安危他人的安危置于自己的安危之上。
In effect, you're saying, "I love these other people more than I love myself."
实际上就相当于说:"我爱其他人胜过爱自己"。
Brendan was a team leader in command of three men, and the worst day in Afghanistan.He was almost killed so many times.
布伦丹是一名队长手下有三个士兵。他在阿富汗经历了最惨痛的一天。虽然他自己也几次险些丧生。
It didn't bother him.
但这些对他都不算什么。
The worst thing that happened to him in Afghanistan was one of his men was hit in the head with a bullet in the helmet, knocked him over.
对他来说最惨痛的是。他手下的一名士兵被子弹射中头部子弹打到了钢盔上,把他冲倒了。
They thought he was dead.
大家以为他死了。
It was in the middle of a huge firefight.
当时战事正酣。
No one could deal with it, and a minute later, Kyle Steiner sat back up from the dead, as it were, because he'd come back to consciousness.
没人顾得上他,直到一分钟以后。这名叫凯尔·斯坦纳的士兵坐了起来。好像是复活了一样。因为他又恢复了知觉。
The bullet had just knocked him out.It glanced off the helmet.
子弹把他震晕了。钢盔替他挡住了子弹。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部