搜索

TED演讲 设计改变城市 创意成就舒适(1)

查看: 130.6k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:03:07 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲 设计改变城市 创意成就舒适(1)
I thought I would start with a very brief history of cities.
我觉得我得从城市的历史简单说起。
Settlements typically began with people clustered around a well, and the size of that settlement was roughly the distance you could walk with a pot of water on your head.
人们聚井而居揭开了典型的定居生活,而这种定居的范围,也不过是你头顶着一盆水所能走的距离罢了。
In fact, if you fly over Germany, for example,and you look down and you see these hundreds of little villages, they're all about a mile apart.
其实,假如你能从德国上空飞过,往下看,你会看到数以百计的小村庄,每个距离约一英里。
You needed easy access to the fields.
这样你就到地里去就很方便了。
And for hundreds, even thousands of years,the home was really the center of life.
几百几千年以来,家就是生活的中心。
Life was very small for most people.
所以对大多数人来说,生活范围其实很小。
It was the center of entertainment, of energy production,of work, the center of health care.
家是欢乐,动力,工作,和医疗的中心。
That's where babies were born and people died.
在那里,也有生老病死。
Then, with industrialization, everything started to become centralized.
之后工业化的兴起,一切开始变得集中起来。
You had dirty factories that were moved to the outskirts of cities.
那些污浊不堪的工厂都搬到了郊外。
Production was centralized in assembly plants.
产品也都被集中到装配厂。
You had centralized energy production.
我们还把能源生产也集中起来。
Learning took place in schools. Health care took place in hospitals.
学校是学习用的,医院是治病用的。
And then you had networks that developed.
然后网络也发展起来了。
You had water, sewer networks that allowed for this kind of unchecked expansion.
供水管网,污水管网也使得不断的扩张成为了可能。
You had separated functions, increasingly.
慢慢地,我们把不同的职能给区分开来。
You had rail networks that connected residential,industrial, commercial areas. You had auto networks.
铁路网连接到了住宅区,工业区和商业区,汽车交通网也建立起来了。
In fact, the model was really, give everybody a car,build roads to everything, and give people a place to park when they get there. It was not a very functional model.
事实上,这个模式就是,给每人一辆车,把路给修起来,然后在人们停车的地方弄个车库,其实这并不是一个行得通的模式。
And we still live in that world,and this is what we end up with.
但我们依旧生活在这样的环境下,所以这就是我们所得到的。
So you have the sprawl of LA,the sprawl of Mexico City.
所以就有了洛杉矶的扩展区,墨西哥城的扩展区。
You have these unbelievable new cities in China which you might call tower sprawl.
在中国匪夷所思般崛起了各种新城市也可以称为雨后春笋。
They're all building cities on the model that we invented in the '50s and '60s, which is really obsolete, I would argue,and there are hundreds and hundreds of new cities that are being planned all over the world.
他们都是基于我们在50年代或60年代发明的模式,在建城市,我觉得这样是跟不上时代的,而此时此刻,不计其数的城市正在世界各地紧锣密鼓筹备兴建。
In China alone, 300 million people,some say 400 million people,will move to the city over the next 15 years.
单中国来说,3亿人口,有的说4亿,将会在接下来的15年里搬迁到城市里。
That means building the entire, the equivalent of the entire built infrastructure of the U.S. in 15 years.
这就等同于要美国在15年内建造起整个国家基础设施。
Imagine that.
想象一下。
And we should all care about this whether you live in cities or not.
我们都应该关注一下不管你是否住在城里。
Cities will account for 90 percent of the population growth,80 percent of the global CO2, 75 percent of energy use,but at the same time it's where people want to be increasingly.
城市主宰着90%的人口增长,全球80%的CO2,75%的能源消费,同时,也是人们向往的地方,这情况与日剧增。
More than half the people now in the world live in cities,and that will just continue to escalate.
现在世界上一半以上的人口住在城市里,而且还会不断增加。
Cities are places of celebration, personal expression.
城市是人们庆祝和表现的地方。
You have the flash mobs of pillow fights that,I've been to a couple. They're quite fun.
城市里有枕头大战的快闪族,我去过几次,还真有趣。
You have,Cities are where most of the wealth is created,and particularly in the developing world,it's where women find opportunities. That's a lot of the reason why cities are growing very quickly.
还有,城市是大部分财富的来源,尤其是在发展中国家,妇女也能拥有各种机遇,所以有很多原因可以解释为何城市发展如此快速
Now there's some trends that will impact cities.
但某些趋势会影响到城市。
First of all, work is becoming distributed and mobile.
首先,工作遵循分配模式而且不再一成不变。
The office building is basically obsolete for doing private work.
办公大楼基本淘汰了私人的工作。
The home, once again, because of distributed computation communication, is becoming a center of life,so it's a center of production and learning and shopping,and health care and all of these things that we used to think of as taking place outside of the home.
由于有了分布式通信和分布式计算家,再一次成为了生活的中心,家成为了生产,学习,购物,还有医疗,还有那些我们认为都是在家外发生的一切的中心。
And increasingly, everything that people buy,every consumer product, in one way or another,can be personalized.
渐渐地,所有人们买的东西所有的消费品,通过不同的方式,都能够实现个性化。
And that's a very important trend to think about.
这是值得关注的一个重要趋势。
So this is my image of the city of the future.
这就是我想象中的未来城市。
In that it's a place for people, you know.
图中那里就是人们可以待的地方。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部