搜索

TED演讲:来自阿拉伯女商人的成功经验(5)

查看: 442.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 16:05:01 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TED演讲:来自阿拉伯女商人的成功经验(5)
You see, as a young woman in these situations, you have two options.
你们看,作为一个年轻女人遇到这些状况,你有两个选择。
You can either decide to internalize these negative messages that are being thrown at you,
你可以决定去内化这些被丢在你身上的负面讯息,
to let them make you feel like a failure,
任凭他们让你自我贬低,
like success is way too hard to ever achieve,
就像成功是遥不可及般的,
or you can choose to see that others' negativity is their own issue,
或者你可以选择去看待:别人的负面能量是他们自己的问题,
and instead transform it into your own personal fuel.
而取而代之地转换这些变成你的个人动力。
I have learned to always go for option two,
我已经学会总是选第二个选择,
and I have found that it has taken me from strength to strength.
然后我发现这带领我不断强大。
And it's true what they say: success is the best revenge.
而他们说得是正确的:成功就是最好的复仇
Some women in the Middle East are lucky enough to be married to someone supportive of their career.
有些中东的女性够幸运地可以嫁给某个支持她职业生涯的人
Correction: I should say "smart enough,"
修正一下,我应该说是够聪明
because who you marry is your own choice,
因为你嫁的人是你的选择,
and you'd better marry someone supportive if you plan to have a long career.
而你最好可以嫁给很支持你的人,如果你计划要有很长的职业生涯。
Still today, the Arab man is not an equal contributor in the home.
时至今日,阿拉伯男姓在家中仍不是个公平的贡献者。
It's simply not expected by our society, and even frowned upon as not very manly.
在我们的社会简而易见地不被期待,甚至会因为没有男人味而被人不满。
As for the Arab woman, our society still assumes
对阿拉伯女性来说,我们的社会仍然认为
that her primary source of happiness should be the happiness and prosperity of her children and husband.
阿拉伯女性主要的幸福快乐应该来自于她小孩与丈夫的幸福与成功。
She mostly exists for her family.
她几乎是为了她的家庭而存在。
Things are changing, but it will take time.
事态正在改变,但这会需要些时间。
For now, it means that the professional Arab woman has to somehow maintain the perfect home,
现在来说,它代表着职业阿拉伯女性必须以某种方法维持她的完美家庭,
make sure that her children's every need is being taken care of and manage her demanding career.
确保她孩子的每个需求都有被照顾到,然后经营她耗费尽精力的职业生涯。
To achieve this, I have found the hard way that you need to apply your hard-earned professional skills to your personal life.
为了完成这项成就,我发现了难处在于你需要在你的私生活中去运用你得来不易的职业技能。
You need to work your life.
你需要巧妙地安排你的生活。
Here is how I do this in my personal life.
以下就是我在我个人生活中做的事.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部