搜索

时差N小时:电视雪花

查看: 159.1k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:19:52 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
时差N小时:电视雪花
We've heard it a hundred times before. There's never anything to watch ontelevision.
我们已经听过很多次了,没有什么好看的电视节目。
Fifty channels and not one worth sitting down to.
50个频道却没有一个值得看。
Well,PBS is nice.But you get the idea.
嗯,公共广播是一个不错的选择。但是你知道的...
If you feel bored by TV, why not try a little experiment?
如果你觉得电视节目很无聊,为什么不尝试一个小实验呢?
All you have to do is turn to a station where nothing is currently being broadcast.
你所要做的就是调到一个没有任何节目的频道。
What do you see?That blankscreen isn't really blank.
你看到了什么?黑色的屏幕并不真正是黑的。
Rather it's full of random-seeming flashes of light,sometimes called “snow.”
相反屏幕上似乎是充满了随机排列的小光点,有时叫做“雪花”。
Now, what if we told you that you have just discoveredevidence of the Big Bang?
现在如果我告诉你你发现了宇宙大爆炸的证据,你相信吗?
It's true. Around three percent of the little sparkles of light you see on an unused channel are caused by photons left over from the Big Bang, the explosionthat started off our entire universe.
这是真的。在你看到的这些未使用频道上出现的小光点中,有三分之一是由宇宙大爆炸遗留下来的光子引起的。这些爆炸形成了我们整个宇宙。
Here's how it works.
现在,让我们看看它们是怎样工作的吧!
For about 300,000 years after the Bang, the universe was so dense that photons couldn't go anywhere without bumping into electrons and being annihilated.
宇宙大爆炸30万年后,密度很大,光子走到哪都会碰到电子相互结合而湮没,
At that 300,000 year mark, however, things cooled off enough to allow atoms to form.
但是这时候温度下降,原子得以形成。
That gave electrons something to do instead ofalways intercepting photons.
这就让电子有事可做,而不总是拦截光子。
The photons were set free, to cruise endlesslythrough space, right up to the present day—about 15 billion years later.
光子自由后,不断地穿梭于太空中,直到今天,大概150亿年以后。
These photons fill all of space, trillions passing through your body every second.
这些光子占满了所有的空间。每一秒就有几万亿个光子穿过你们的身体。
They are so weak by this point, though, that you can't see them or sense them.
这一刻它们是如此微弱,你既不能看见也不能感受到。
Unless you open up an antenna to a similar wavelength and listen.
除非你打开一个有类似波长的天线的设备听听看,
Your television set is just the machine to do this.
你的电视就是这样的机器。
So take another look at that fuzz.It's brought to you by the origin of thecosmos.
再看看绒毛,这是从宇宙起源时就带来的。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部