搜索

时差N小时:睡眠不足 Sleep debt

查看: 185.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:21:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
时差N小时:睡眠不足 Sleep debt
YAEL:Today, on a Moment of Science, we're conducting an experiment on sleep deprivation.
雅艾尔:在今天的科学一刻节目中,我们正在进行的是一项睡剥夺眠的实验。
On my right, we have my friend Bob, who hasn't slept in eighty-eight hours straight!
我的右手边是88小时没有合过眼,我的朋友鲍勃。
Bob? Bob? Okay, so he's pretty unresponsive.
鲍勃?鲍勃?好吧,他没什么反应。
And on my left, we have Don, who has been restricted to no more than four hours of sleep a night for the past two weeks.
而我的左边是唐,他被限制在过去两周每晚睡眠时间不超过4个小时。
How are you feeling, Don?
现在感觉如何,唐?
DON:Well, I'm a little tired, Yael, but not as tired as Bob over there, who I think is drooling.
唐:嗯,雅艾尔,我只是感觉有点累,但是没有鲍勃看起来那样累,我觉得他在流口水。
YAEL:If you've ever relied on a doctor or an airplane pilot, then you know there's a lot at stake over whether Don is telling the truth about how tired he feels.
雅艾尔:如果你的吃饭职业是医生或飞机飞行员,那你就会清楚唐在讲自己是否有多累的感觉存在着很多危险。
DON:Of course I'm telling the truth. I feel fine.
唐:我当然说的是实话。我感觉很好。
YAEL:Well, you might think you feel fine, but I have in front of me the result of the cognitive performance tests both you and Bob over here took earlier today.
雅艾尔:嗯,你可能会自认为感觉很好,但在我面前的是今天早些时候你和鲍勃两人的认知表现测试结果。
And guess what?! Don! Don!
你猜结果如何?唐!唐!
DON:Huh? What?
唐:嗯?什么?
YAEL:These cognitive performance tests show that you and Bob are having equal trouble performing some pretty basic tasks.
雅艾尔:这些认知表现测试显示你和鲍勃在执行一些非常基本的任务时有着一样的麻烦。
DON:But Bob hasn't slept in three days!
唐:但鲍勃可是3天没睡过觉!
YAEL:Exactly. So that means that even missing only a couple of hours of sleep a night really adds up if you do it every night.
雅艾尔:没错。所以即使如果每天只是少几个小时的睡眠,长此以往如此也会有显著的效果。
In other words, sleep debt is cumulative,
换句话说,睡眠债是累积的,
and right now, you have no more business going out there and driving a car than Bob does.
而现在,比起鲍勃,你最好也别出门谈生意及驾驶车辆。
What's more, you're so tired right now that you can't even properly evaluate how tired you are, which makes your sleep debt even more dangerous.
更重要的是, 现在如此疲倦的你甚至不能正确地评价自己有多疲倦,这使得你的睡眠债更危险。
DON:Guess I better catch up on some Zs!
唐:我想自己最好感觉补点觉!
YAEL:Looks like Bob's beaten you to it.
雅艾尔:看起来鲍勃已经先你一步。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部