搜索

公众人物毕业演讲第467期:扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲(11)

查看: 273.3k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:35:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
公众人物毕业演讲第467期:扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲(11)
I shared stories of my time in school, and they shared their hope that one day they would get to go to college too.
我向他们分享了我读书时的故事,他们分享了对走进大学深造的渴望。
For five years, I've had dinner with those students every month.
五年来,我每个月都会和那些学生一起共进一次晚餐。
One of them even threw Priscilla and me our first baby shower.
其中有一个孩子,甚至为我与普莉希拉的第一个宝宝的出生,举办了宝宝洗礼派对。
And next year they're gonna college.
明年,这些孩子们都要上大学了,
Every one of them. First generation in their families.
是的,他们每一个都要上大学了,而且他们都将骄傲地成为自己家族里第一名大学生。
We can all make time to give someone a hand.
花一点时间,去帮助其他人,这是我们每个人都可以做到的。
Let's give everyone the freedom to pursue purpose -- not just because it's the right thing to do,
让我们通过此举,让每个人都有实现人生目标的自由——不仅因为这样做是正确的,
but because when more people can turn their dreams into something great, we're all better for it.
更是因为当人们可以把梦想变为伟大的现实时,我们每个人都会变得更好。
Purpose doesn't only come from work.
“目标”不仅来自于工作。
The third way we can create a sense of purpose for everyone is by building community.
去实现“让每个人都有活的有目标”的第三种方式是建立社区。
And our generation, when we says purpose for "everyone", we mean everyone in the world.
而当我们这一代人说“让每个人都有活的有目标”的时候,我们指的是——世界上的每一个人。
Now, quick show of hands: how many of you here are from another country?
现在来做一个调查:你们有多少人来自美国之外其他国家?
And now keep your hands up. Now, how many of you are friends with one of these folks?
不要放下你们的手,你们中有多少人是他们的朋友?
Now we're talking, See we have grown up connected.
看到了吗?我们出生在一个互联的世界。
In a recent survey of millennials around the world, asking what most defines our identity,
在最近一项调查中,世界各地的80后90后被要求选择自己认同的身份,
the most popular answer wasn't nationality, ethnicity or religion, it was "citizen of the world". That's a big deal.
最流行的答案不是国籍,种族或宗教,而是“世界公民”。这是一个标志性的事件。
Every generation expands the circle of people we consider "one of us".
每一代人都扩大了我们认同的“自己人”。
And in our generation, that now includes the whole world.
而对我们这代来说,它现在涵盖了整个世界。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部