搜索

公众人物毕业演讲第291期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院16

查看: 208.4k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:36:37 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
公众人物毕业演讲第291期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院16
Be the best father you can be to your children.
当好父亲 尽最大努力照顾你的子女.
Because nothing is more important.
因为没有比这更重要的.
I was raised by a heroic single mom.
我由单亲妈妈带大 她是一位英雄.
Wonderful grandparents made incredible sacrifices for me.
还有极好的外祖父母 他们为我牺牲了很多.
And I know there are moms and grandparents here today who did.
我知道今天也有很多母亲和祖辈到场.
The same thing for all of you.
他们对你们付出得同样多.
But I sure wish I had had a father who was not only present, but involved.
但我也希望我有一个父亲 不仅到场 而且称职.
Didn't know my dad.
我不认识我父亲.
And so my whole life, I!ve tried to be for Michelle and my girls.
所以终我一生 我将为米歇尔和女儿们.
What my father was not for my mother and me.
提供我父亲亏欠我母亲和我的东西.
I want to break that cycle where a father is not at home.
我要打破这种轮回 家里不能没有一个父亲.
Where a father is not helping to raise that son or daughter.
家里不能没有一个支撑家庭 抚养子女的父亲.
I want to be a better father, a better husband, a better man.
我要当一个更好的父亲 更好的丈夫 更好的男人.
It's hard work that demands your constant attention and frequent sacrifice.
这很艰难 需要持续的关怀和牺牲.
And I promise you, Michelle will tell you I!m not perfect.
我保证 米歇尔会告诉你们 我并不完美.
She's got a long list of my imperfections.
关于我的缺点 她能列出很长的清单.
Even now, I!m still practicing, I!m still learning.
哪怕现在 我还在练习 还在学习.
Still getting corrected in terms of how to be a fine husband and a good father.
还在纠正错误 以成为一个更称职的丈夫和父亲.
But I will tell you this:.
不过我可以告诉你们.
Everything else is unfulfilled if we fail at family, if we fail at that responsibility.
连家庭和相关责任都无法担起的人 注定一无是处.
I know that when I am on my deathbed someday.
我敢肯定 当我某天临终卧床之时.
I will not be thinking about any particular legislation I passed.
我不会去回忆我通过了哪些法案.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部