搜索

公众人物毕业演讲第294期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院19

查看: 188.2k|回复: 0
  发表于 Apr 23, 2018 17:36:37 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
公众人物毕业演讲第294期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院19
Muslim Americans feel it when they're.
美国穆斯林也有这种感受.
Stared at with suspicion because of their faith.
总有人因为信仰问题用怀疑的眼光盯着他们.
Any woman who knows the injustice of earning less pay for doing the same work.
做同样工作 但收入不如男性多的女性.
She knows what it's like to be on the outside looking in.
同样也知道局外人的感受.
Your experiences give you special insight.
你们的经历 为你们提供了特别的见地.
That today's leaders need.
这是今天的领袖所必需的.
If you tap into that experience, it should endow you with empathy.
深入挖掘这种经历 它会让你富有同情心.
the understanding of what it's like to walk in somebody else's shoes.
让你能对别人的感受感同身受.
To see through their eyes.
通过人们的眼睛看见人们的内心.
To know what it's like when you're not born on 3rd base, thinking you hit a triple.
让你知道出身贫贱却想成功会有多难.
It should give you the ability to connect.
它会赋予你换位思考的能力.
It should give you a sense of compassion and what it means to overcome barriers.
它会赋予同情之心 告诉你什么叫克服障碍.
And I will tell you, class of 2013, whatever success I have achieved.
我要告诉你们 2013届毕业生 不管我取得了什么成就.
Whatever positions of leadership I have held.
不管我手中握有怎样的领导权.
Have depended less on ivy league degrees or sat scores or gpas.
最重要的 并不是因为常春藤盟校学位或高考和大学成绩.
And have instead been due to that sense of connection and empathy.
最重要的是这种换位思考和同理心.
The special obligation I felt as a black man like you.
是我和你们一样 作为一名黑人的特殊责任感.
To help those who need it most.
去帮助那些最需要帮助的人.
People who didn't have the opportunities that I had.
帮助那些没有我这样机会的人.
Because there but for the grace of god go I.
如果不是上帝恩典.
I might have been in their shoes.
我可能和他们一样.
I might have been in prison.
我可能被捕入狱.
I might have been unemployed.
我可能失业.
I might not have been able to support a family.
我可能无法支撑一个家庭.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部