搜索

北师大版高中英语(必修5):Unit13 Lesson4 First Impressions(2)

查看: 176.0k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 17, 2018 15:23:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
北师大版高中英语(必修5):Unit13 Lesson4 First Impressions(2)
Because I left the library in such a hurry, I left my most important textbook behind.
因为我离开图书馆太匆忙了,我落下了最重要的课本。
It was only when I got home two hours later that I realised I'd forgotten it
回家两个小时之后我才意识到我遗忘了它,
and there was nothing I could do as the library was closed.
而且我什么也做不了,因为图书馆关门了。
I was so upset that I almost cried. Just then, the phone rang.
我沮丧得几乎要哭了。就在那时,电话响了。
I answered it and a gentle voice introduced the speaker as Jenny and asked if I was Jane.
我接起电话,一个温柔的声音介绍自己叫珍妮,问我是不是简。
After confirming that I was,
确认我就是简之后,
Jenny said that she had noticed I'd left my book in the library and as my name was in it,
珍妮说她发现我把书落在了图书馆,因为上面写有我的名字,
she'd asked a librarian to get my phone number from their files.
她请图书管理员从他们的档案里查到了我的电话号码。
She said that she didn't live far away and could bring it around for me if I needed it.
她说她住得不远,如果我需要的话她可以拿来给我。
I sighed with relief and agreed to meet her at the convenience store down the road.
我如释重负地叹了一口气,答应和她在路边的便利店见面。
I was so grateful! Of course you've guessed who Jenny was.
我太感激她了!当然你已经猜到珍妮是谁了。
She was the girl I had shouted at for singing.
她就是那个因为唱歌我冲她喊叫的女孩。
When I recognised her in the convenience store,
当我在便利店认出她的时候,
I was filled with shame and apologised several times for my rude behaviour.
我十分羞愧,并为我的无礼行为道歉了好几次。
I felt so guilty, but Jenny just laughed
我觉得非常内疚,但是珍妮只是笑笑,
and told me she was glad to see that I'd also left my glare in the library!
告诉我她很高兴看到我把怒视也留在了图书馆。
I couldn't help laughing at this and I invited her back to my apartment for a quick cup of tea.
我禁不住笑了起来,并邀请她到我的公寓里来喝杯茶。
We got along really well and ever since then we've been best friends.
我们相处得非常好,而且从那以后我们就成了好朋友。
We're very much alike and we tell each other everything.
我们有很多相同点,我们把所有事都告诉对方。
To be honest, I trust her more than anyone else.
说实话,我对她比任何人都信任。
I often think how lucky I am.
我常常觉得自己非常幸运。
If Jenny hadn't been a kind person who was willing to forgive my shortcomings,
珍妮要不是如此体贴,愿意宽容我的缺点,
I would never have experienced such true friendship.
我就永远不会享受到如此真挚的友谊。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部