搜索

北师大版高中英语(必修3):Literature Spot3—Franken Stein(2)

查看: 257.8k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 17, 2018 15:24:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
北师大版高中英语(必修3):Literature Spot3—Franken Stein(2)
Henry brought news of my family.
亨利带来了我家人的消息。
They were well and had taken in a servant called Justine.
他们都很好,而且雇佣了一个女佣,叫贾斯汀。
Imagine my shock when a letter arrived from my father -
但你想不到接下来我父亲的来信带来让我多吃惊的消息:
my young brother William had been murdered!
我的弟弟威廉被杀害了!
I went to my parents' house.
我赶回我父母的家。
Just before I got there, I saw the monster running through the trees.
到那之前,我正好撞见看见我的怪物穿过树林。
I realised the monster I had created had killed my brother!
我意识到是我创造的怪物杀了我的弟弟。
When I got to the house, I was horrified to discover that Justine,
当我回到父母家时,我恐惧地听说贾斯汀
who had been found near the scene of the crime, was accused of the murder.
被发现当时正在谋杀现场,被指控谋杀,
I knew she was innocent, but could say nothing. She was hanged.
我知道她是无罪的,但我什么都说不出来。她被绞死了。
Soon afterwards, while I was spending some time alone in the mountains, I met my evil creation again.
没过多久,当我独自登山时,我又看见了我邪恶的创造物。
The monster begged me to listen to his story.
我的怪物求我听听他的遭遇。
This is what he said:
这是他所说的:
'When I left your house, I came across a cottage
“当我离开你家时,我来到一个小村
and lived secretly in the barn watching an old, blind man and his children.
并悄悄地藏在一个谷仓里。附近住的是一个带着几个孩子的盲老人。
I learned how to speak and I realised how miserable I was.
我学会了说话并且意识到了我长得有多可怕。
I had no family, no memories, no childhood.
我没有家庭,没有记忆,没有童年。
One day, I decided to speak to the old man.
一天,我打算向老人开口。
He was kind and couldn't see my ugly body.
他是个好人并且看不到我长得有多丑陋。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部