A Workaholic
工作狂
I normally wake up about five minutes before my alarm clock goes off.
我一般在闹铃响前5分钟醒来。
As soon as I hear my alarm clock, I jump out of my bed.
一听见闹铃响我就从床上跳起来。
It takes me less than fifteen minutes to wash, get changed, have breakfast, leave home and get on a bus.
我洗漱、穿衣、早餐、出门到上公交车不超过15分钟。
I am always the first person to get to the office.
我总是第一个到公司的人。
The mornings are always very busy and the afternoons are even busier!
上午总是很忙,下午更忙!
Meetings and phone calls take up a large part of the day.
整天会议、电话不断。
Every minute of the day is filled with urgent matters.
几乎每一分钟都充斥着急待处理的事情。
By around eight o'clock, I usually find some time to do my own paperwork and answer some personal e-mails.
我通常在8点左右找点时间做些自己的文书工作,回复一些私人电子邮件。
When I get home at about ten, I look at some documents that I bring back from the office so that I can be ready for the next day's work.
晚上十点我才能回家。到家后还要浏览带回的文件,为第二天的工作做准备。
I get to bed around midnight when my wife and children are already asleep.
我大约午夜睡觉,那时我的妻子、孩子都已经入睡。
I seldom have time for fun and other activities with my family.
我很少有时间和家人一起娱乐,或做其它一些活动。
My family complains about it. But I try to work hard so that I can make more money for them.
我家人都抱怨。但我是在努力工作,这样才能为他们多挣钱。
Besides, I get bored if there's nothing to do. I like being busy.
再者,要没事可做我会觉得非常无聊。我很喜欢忙碌的生活。