Paul lives in a small village in the north of England.
保罗住在英国北部的一个小村庄。
I usually get up at four o'clock every morning when it's still dark.
我每天早晨经常在4点起床,那时候天还黑着。
I live and work on the farm so I don't need to travel.
我的生活和工作都在农场,所以我不需要往来交通。
After a big breakfast in my house, I walk out of the front door and I'm already at work.
我在家吃过丰盛的早餐后,走出前门就已经算是开始工作了。
There are many things to do on the farm all day.
在农场,整天都有很多事情要做。
We don't have the same work hours that office workers in the city have.
我们的工作时间和城市办公室里的工作人员不同。
We do jobs when they need to be done and that could be early in the morning or late at night.
我们的工作是依需要而定,可能是在一大早,也可能在半夜。
I have cows, sheep, pigs and chickens on my farm. I have to make sure they are free of sickness.
我的农场有牛、羊、猪、鸡。我不得不确保它们不生病。
I also grow wheat and vegetables so there are many things to look after.
我还种小麦和蔬菜,因此要照看很多事物。
In the evening, I like to play with my children.
我晚上喜欢和孩子们玩。
I have two children, a boy and a girl. They are six and eight years old.
我有两个孩子,一个男孩、一个女孩。他们一个6岁,一个8岁。
I also like to study. Right now I am studying Chinese by distance learning.
我还喜欢学习。现在我正在通过远程教育学习中文。
I am very interested in China and it's my dream to see the Great Wall one day.
我对中国很感兴趣,我的梦想就是有朝一日能去看长城。
I love movies. My wife calls me a "movie fan".
我喜欢电影。我妻子管我叫“电影迷”。
But there isn't a cinema in my village so I don't get the chance to go very often.
但是我们的村子里没有电影院,所以我没有机会经常去。
I go about twice a year, usually when I go to London with my family.
我每年大约去2次,通常是在和家人一起去伦敦的时候。
We take a weekend break there when I am not too busy on the farm.
农场不那么忙的时候,我们去那儿过周末。
My wife loves looking in the clothes shops and I like all the crowds and the noise.
我妻子喜欢逛服装店,我喜欢人群和那喧闹的声音。
I also like to buy a few cigars.
我还喜欢买雪茄。
Unfortunately, my wife isn't as fond of them as I am.
不幸的是,我妻子不像我那么喜欢雪茄。
My son and daughter love to ride on London's red buses and they especially love to go on the tube!
我的儿子和女儿喜欢坐伦敦的红色公共汽车,他们尤其喜欢坐地铁!