Lesson 4 City and Country
第四课 城市和乡村
Debbie is an accountant in a large company in the centre of London.
黛比是伦敦市中心一家大公司的会计师。
I need to be in my office by nine o'clock so I usually get up at seven o'clock.
我要在9点到办公室,所以我通常7点钟起床。
I travel to work on "the tube". That's what people call the underground in London.
我乘“地铁”上班。伦敦人都这么称呼地铁。
It takes about fifty minutes. Usually, it's so crowded that I can't find anywhere to sit.
坐地铁上班大约需要50分钟。一般地铁里都太拥挤了,我根本找不到座位。
I just stand. I'm always tired before I arrive at work. I don't like the underground!
我就站着。我经常到公司之前就累了。我不喜欢地铁!
I spend all morning checking numbers. Lunch is always simple.
整个上午我都在核算数字。午餐通常很简单。
I often get a sandwich in a nearby sandwich shop or I just have some biscuits and a cup of coffee.
我经常在附近的三明治店买个三明治,或者干脆吃点饼干,喝杯咖啡。
Then in the afternoon, I return to the paperwork in the office.
然后下午继续在办公室接着做文书工作。
On Monday nights, I have dance classes, and on Wednesday nights, I go to the gym.
星期一晚上我参加舞蹈班,星期三晚上我去体育馆。
I need to do that because I don't get enough exercise otherwise.
我做这些是因为如果不这样我就得不到足够的锻炼。
On Tuesday and Thursday nights, I have French classes.
我周二周三晚上参加法语班。
I work for a French company so I think studying French will help me in my job.
因为我在法国公司工作,所以我认为学习法语对我的工作有帮助。
I go to the cinema almost every weekend.
几乎每个周末我都去看电影。
Sometimes, if the weather forecast is good, my friends and I drive to the countryside for a weekend break.
有时,如果天气预报说天气不错,我和我的朋友们就开车去乡下享受周末闲暇时光。
We like to visit nice, quiet places far away from the city and go walking where there are no shops, crowds or the tube.
我们喜欢到远离城市的美丽而又恬静的地方去游玩,在没有商店、人群和地铁的地方散步。
That fresh air is so good for my lungs. I love it.
新鲜空气对我的肺非常好。我十分喜欢。