Holloa! he breathed at last, who be ye smokers?
嗨,你们,你们是谁?
Shipped men, answered I, when does she sail?
水手。船什么时候开?
Aye, aye, ye are going in her, be ye? She sails to-day. The Captain came aboard last night.
噢,你们是这条船上的水手?船长昨天夜里上了船了,今天就开!
What Captain?—Ahab?
船长?亚哈船长?
Who but him indeed?
当然,没有别的船长了。
I was going to ask him some further questions concerning Ahab, when we heard a noise on deck.
我刚想继续问下去,甲板上却传来了脚步声。
Holloa! Starbuck's astir, said the rigger. He's a lively chief mate, that; good man, and a pious; but all alive now, I must turn to.
听,这是大副斯达巴克,他可是个好人,身强力壮、心地善良。他起床了,我也该干活儿了。
And so saying he went on deck, and we followed.
索匠边说边走上了甲板。
It was now clear sunrise. Soon the crew came on board in twos and threes; the riggers bestirred themselves; the mates were actively engaged;
太阳升起来了,船上的人们开始了最后的忙碌,
and several of the shore people were busy in bringing various last things on board.
大副、二副、三副指挥着水手们帮着从岸上把最后一批家什运上船来。
Meanwhile Captain Ahab remained invisibly enshrined within his cabin.
船长还是没露面,他在船长室里。