Chapter 9 The man of the island
第9章 岛中人
But almost immediately I ran into a new danger.
几乎是在同时,我又碰到了新的危险。
As I ran, I heard some small stones falling from the side of a steep hill.
在我跑的时候,我听见许多石块从陡峭的山坡上纷纷落下。
I stopped to look round, and saw a figure jump quickly behind a tree.
我停下脚步环视,看见一个身影迅捷地跳到一棵树后。
Frightened, I turned back towards the boats, but the figure appeared again and moved with the speedof an animal.
我很害怕,转身向船跑去,那个身影又出现了,跑得和野兽一样快。
But it was a man, I knew that now.
这回我看清楚了,那是一个人。
I remembered I had a pistol if I needed it, and turned back towards this man of the island.
我忽然想起我带着枪,于是我转过身去面对那个岛中人。
He was hiding behind another tree but stepped out to meet me.
他正躲在一棵树后面,这时他走出来面对着我。
Who are you ?I asked, staring at him.
你是什么人?我盯着他问。
Ben Gunn ,he answered, and his voice sounded rough andstrange.
本·葛恩,他说,声音沙哑而怪异。
His skin was burnt nearly black by the sun and his clothes were made from pieces of a ship's sail.
他的皮肤被晒黑了,衣服是船帆的破布条。
Poor Ben Gunn,he went on.Alone for three years.
我是可怜的本·葛恩,他继续说,我一个人在这儿三年了。
关于《金银岛》但是在他去世后他的文学声誉开始下降,并且后人仅仅认为他是一名杰出的儿童故事作家。