Flint was captain ot me,said Silver.
那时弗林特是船长,不是我,西尔弗说。
In the same battle that I lost my leg, old Pew lost his sight.
在那一仗中我失去了这条腿,老皮尤瞎了眼。
But I got two thou-sand when I sailed with Flint—and it's all safe in the bank at home.
我和弗林特出海时得到2000英镑—现在存在家乡的银行里。
But what if you don't live to get home again?asked an-other, doubtful voice.
如果你不能活着回去怎么办?另一个人怀疑地问。
I recognized the voice of the youngest seaman aboard.
我听出那是船上一个最年轻的船员。
Pirates live rough,agreed Silver.
海盗们都很粗暴,西尔弗说。
They live dangerously and some get caught and die by the law.
海盗们时刻生活在危险之中,其中有些人被抓住后送上绞架。
But they eat and drink the best, and when the voyage is done, it's hundreds of pounds instead of hundreds ofPence in their pockets.
但海盗们吃得好喝得好,一趟出海归来,就会有几百英镑装入腰包,而不是几百便士。
Once I'm back from this trip,I'll live like a gentleman.
我这次旅行回来后,就像个绅士一样生活。
But I began life like you—a clever young seaman without a penny in my pocket!
我开始时也和你一样—身无分文。
I didn't like this job until this talk woth you, John,said the young seaman,
在此谈话之前我并不喜欢这个工作约翰,年轻人说。
but I'm with you now.
但现在我和你一起干了。
They shook hands so hard that the barrel shook as well, with me inside it.
他们俩热烈握手,苹果桶剧烈地晃起来,当时我就在里面。
By this time, I understood that Silver had just turned an honest seaman into a pirate.Perhaps every man in the crew was now a pirate!
这时我意识到西尔弗已经把一个正直的人变成了海盗。也许船上每个人都是海盗!
关于《金银岛》《金银岛》是著名的文学作家罗伯特·路易斯·斯蒂文森的作品。