I'm warning you because I'm your friend, Tom, Silver was saying.
因为我和你是朋友,我才警告你,汤姆,西尔弗说。
Silver,said Tom.You're old and you're honest, or so men say;
西尔弗,汤姆说,你年纪大了,又很老实,名声不坏—至少人们是这么说的;
and you've money, too, which lots of poor seamen haven't.
又很有钱,不像那些穷海员。
And you're brave.
你很勇敢,
Why let yourself be led away with that kind of scoundrel? I'd rather die than-
为什么不和那些蠢东西断绝来往呢?要是我,宁可死也不—
Suddenly ,there was a noise of distant shouting, then a long horrible scream.
忽然,远处传来一阵叫喊声,然后是一声长长的惨叫。
I had found one honest man here, and that ter-rible, distant scream told me of another.
我在这儿找到了一个诚实的人,而那声惨叫让我知道还有另外一个人。
John!said Tom.What was that?
约翰!汤姆喊道,那是什么声音?
That?replied Silver. His eyes shone like pieces of broken glass in the sun.That'll be Alan.
哪个?西尔弗答道,他的眼睛像碎玻璃在阳光下一样发亮。那是艾伦的声音。
Alan!cried poor Tom.An honest and true seaman!
艾伦!汤姆嚷起来,那么忠厚老实的人!
John Silver, you've been a friend of mine, but for no longer.
约翰·西尔弗,你曾经是我的朋友,但今后不是了。
You've killed Alan, have you?
你杀了艾伦,对吗?
Then kill me, too,if you can!
你也杀了我吧!如果你做得到。
关于《金银岛》《化身博士》(1886年),是一部关于人类双重性格的讽刺性小说,同时也是描述心理活动的悬疑恐怖小说。《儿童诗园》(1885年),是一部经典作品。在怪诞题材的“马克汉姆”和“丑陋的珍妮特”、悲剧题材的《法理丝的海滩》、幻想题材的《迈尔斯特`多尔阁下》等作品中,史蒂文森证明了自己还是一位短篇小说大师。