Chapter 4 The sea-chest
Chapter 4 水手箱
On the floor close to the captains hand was a little round piece of paper, blackened on one side.
老船长手边的地上有一小片圆的硬纸,一面涂着黑色。
I had no doubt that this was the black spot.
我相信这就是所谓的黑券。
On the other side was some writ- ing: You have till ten oclock tonight.
黑券的另一面写着:今晚10点以前答复。
Our old clock reminded me it was now six.
墙上的老钟刚好敲了6下,告诉我现在6点钟了。
Quickly, I told my mother everything, and we decided to run to the village to hide, before the blind man and his friends re-turned.
我立即把一切都告诉了母亲,我们决定在瞎子和他的人回来之前逃到村子里躲起来。
But first,my mother said bravely, we have to get the key to the sea-chest.
但是首先,我母亲勇敢地说,我们必须找到水手箱的钥匙,
Why shouldnt we take the money the captain owes us?
干嘛不把老船长欠的钱找回来呢?
His friends certainly won t give it to us!
他的朋友肯定不会给我们的!
The key was around his neck on a piece of string.
水手箱的钥匙套在老船长的脖子上,
I cut the string, and we hurried up to his room where the chest had stood since the day he came.
我割断绳子,取下钥匙,赶紧到他房间去。从他来住店的那一天起,他的箱子一直放在那里。
There was a letter B painted on the top of it.
他的水手箱顶部涂着一个字母B,
Inside were two very fine pistols, some silver, pipe-tobacco ,and an old clock.
里面有两把精制的手枪,一些银锭,一些烟草,一只老式表。
Underneath these things were some papers tied up inside a cloth, and a bag of gold coins.
这些东西下面还有卷在布里的几页纸和一袋金币。
关于《金银岛》不仅发生了足以让人丧命的疟疾病乱,还曾经发生海盗们群体叛乱的恐怖事件。