Dr Livesey won't like that ,I said to Tom Redruth.
李甫西大夫对此不会满意的,我对雷德拉斯说。
The squire's been talking. I read on:
乡绅到底把事情说出去了。我继续读下去:
I wanted a crew of twenty men—as we may meet pirates or enemy ships—but I had the greatest difficulty finding six.
我本想找20个船员—我们可能会遇到海盗或者敌船,可是费了很大劲才找到6个人。
Then good fortune brought me the very man that I needed.
不过上帝保佑我不费力气就找到了我最需要的那个人。
I met the man quite by accident,and we began a conversation,I learnt he was an old seaman who kept an inn,
我十分偶然地碰上这个人,然后我们就聊起来。我了解到他是个老水手,现在在这里开一家旅馆,
and he knew all the seamen in Bristol.
他认识布里斯托尔所有的海员。
The poor man had lost his health on shore and wanted to get work as a cook ,and go to sea again.
这个可怜的人在陆地上反而搞垮了身体,他想找个做厨师的活儿,以便再回到海上。
I felt sorry for him and employed him immediately, to be the ship's cook.
我听了以后十分难过,立刻把他雇用为我们船上的厨师。
Long John Silver,he is called ,and he has lost a leg fighting for his country.
他叫高个约翰,姓西尔弗。他曾在为国家而战的战斗中失去了一条腿。
Well, sir ,I thought I had only found a cook,
先生,我以为只找到了一个厨师,
but it was a crew I had discovered!
可谁想到我因此又找到了好些水手!
Between Silver and myself, we got together a crew of the toughest seamen you can imagine.
在西尔弗帮助下,我找到了一伙最强壮的水手。
关于《金银岛》1978年哥斯达黎加政府以保护生态环境为理由,封闭了秀哈岛,那“金银岛”的宝藏会永远被埋藏吗?