And so, Jim, said the doctor,you have the thing that they were looking for, have you?
那么,吉姆,大夫说,你说他们要找的东西在你身上,是不是?
Here it is, sir, I said, and gave him the papers tied inside the cloth.
在这儿,先生,我说着把油布裹着的小包给他。
The doctor looked at them and put them quietly in the pocket of his coat.
大夫看了看,把小包静静地放在上衣口袋里。
After that, Mr Dance went away and I was given some food.
过了一会儿,丹斯先生走了,我坐下来吃了些东西。
And now ,squire ,said the doctor,you have heard of this Flint,I suppose?
那么,乡绅先生,大夫说,你听说过这位弗林特船长,对吗?
Heard of him! cried the squire. He was the worst pirate that ever sailed.
怎么没听说过?!乡绅大声说。他是有史以来最残暴的一个海盗。
The Spanish used to tremble just to hear his name!
西班牙人听到他的名字就发抖。
Well ,Ive heard of him myself,said Dr Livesey.
我也听到过他的名字,李甫西大夫说。
But the question is, did he have money?
但问题是,他有钱吗?
Money!said the squire.Of course Flint had money!
钱!乡绅喊道。弗林特当然有钱!
Those scoundrels were after it.
那帮匪徒找的就是钱。
Well then, suppose I have here in my pocket a paper that shows where Flint hid his treasure, said the doctor.Would the treasure be worth looking for?
那么,假定我口袋里有弗林特藏宝的线索,大夫说,那宝藏值得去寻吗?
Worth looking for! cried the squire, with great enthusiasm.
当然值得!乡绅激动地嚷道。
I'll tell you what its worth. Ill prepare a ship at Bristol,take you and Hawkins with me, and have that trea-sure if I have to search for a year!
如果你真的有那个线索,我就在布里斯托尔准备一条大船,带着你和霍金斯一起出海,哪怕花一年功夫也要找到宝藏。
关于《金银岛》《金银岛》可算是有史以来最好看的海盗小说。