搜索

博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 第29期:现场调查(7)

查看: 270.7k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 09:14:57 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 第29期:现场调查(7)
It was about ten minutes before we regained our cab and drove back into Ross,
我们大约走了十分钟便到马车那里,然后我们便乘马车回罗斯,
Holmes still carrying with him the stone which he had picked up in the wood.
福尔摩斯带着他在树林里捡来的那块石头。
"This may interest you, Lestrade," he remarked, holding it out. "The murder was done with it."
他取出这块石头对雷斯垂德说,"雷斯垂德,你也许对这个感兴趣。这就是杀人的凶器。"
"I see no marks." "There are none." "How do you know, then?"
"我看不到有什么标志。""是没有标志。""那,你怎么知道呢?"
"The grass was growing under it. It had only lain there a few days.
"石头底下的草还活着。说明这块石头放在那里不过几天功夫。
There was no sign of a place whence it had been taken.
找不到这块石头是从哪里来的痕迹。
It corresponds with the injuries. There is no sign of any other weapon." "And the murderer?"
这块石头的形状和死者的伤痕正好相符。此外没有任何其他武器的踪迹。""那么凶手呢?"
"Is a tall man, left-handed, limps with the right leg, wears thick-soled shooting-boots and a gray cloak,
"那是一个高个子男子,他是左撇子,右腿瘸,穿一双后跟很高的狩猎靴子和一件灰色大衣,
smokes Indian cigars, uses a cigar- holder, and carries a blunt pen-knife in his pocket.
他抽印度雪茄,使用雪茄烟嘴,在他的口袋里带有一把削鹅毛笔的很钝的小刀。
There are several other indications, but these may be enough to aid us in our search."
还有几种其他的迹象,但是,这些也许已足以帮助我们进行侦查。"
Lestrade laughed. "I am afraid that I am still a sceptic," he said.
雷斯垂德笑了。他说,"我看我仍然是个怀疑派。
"Theories are all very well, but we have to deal with a hard-headed British jury."
理论总是可以说得头头是道,但是和我们打交道的英国陪审团是讲求实际的。"
"Nous verrons," answered Holmes calmly. "You work your own method, and I shall work mine.
福尔摩斯冷静地回答说,"我们自有办法。你按你的方法办,你按我的方法办好了。
I shall be busy this afternoon, and shall probably return to London by the evening train."
今天下午我将是很忙的,很可能乘晚班火车回伦敦。"
"And leave your case unfinished?" "No, finished."
"让你的案子悬而不决吗?""不,案子已经结束了。"
"But the mystery?" "It is solved." "Who was the criminal, then?" "The gentleman I describe." "But who is he?"
"可是,那个疑团呢?""那个疑团已经解决了。""那么罪犯是谁?""我所描述的那个先生。""可是,他是谁呢?"
"Surely it would not be difficult to find out. This is not such a populous neighbourhood."
"要找出这个人来肯定是不难的。住在附近这一带的居民并不太多。"
Lestrade shrugged his shoulders. "I am a practical man," he said,
雷斯垂德耸了耸肩说:"我是个讲求实际的人。
"and I really cannot undertake to go about the country looking for a left-handed gentleman with a game-leg.
我可不能负责在这一带满处乱跑去寻找一个惯用左手的瘸腿先生。
I should become the laughing-stock of Scotland Yard."
那样我会成为苏格兰场的笑柄的。"
"All right," said Holmes quietly. "I have given you the chance.
福尔摩斯平静地说:"好吧,我是给了你机会的。
Here are your lodgings. Good-bye. I shall drop you a line before I leave."
你的住处到了。再见,在我离开以前,我会写个便条给你的。"

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部