搜索

红发会 第34期:逮捕罪犯(2)

查看: 134.4k|回复: 0
  发表于 May 18, 2018 09:15:29 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
红发会 第34期:逮捕罪犯(2)
"It's all clear," he whispered. "Have you the chisel and the bags? Great Scott! Jump, Archie, jump, and I'll swing for it!"
他小声地说:"一切都很顺当。你把凿子和袋子都带来了吗?天啊,不好了!阿尔奇,跳,赶紧跳,别的由我来对付!"
Sherlock Holmes had sprung out and seized the intruder by the collar.
歇洛克·福尔摩斯一跃而起,跳过去一把揪住这个偷偷潜入的人的领子。
The other dived down the hole, and I heard the sound of rending cloth as Jones clutched at his skirts.
另一个人猛然一下子跳到洞里去了。我听到撕破衣服的声音,琼斯当时一把抓住了他的衣服的下摆。
The light flashed upon the barrel of a revolver,
一枝左轮手枪的枪管在亮光中闪现了一下,
but Holmes's hunting crop came down on the man's wrist, and the pistol clinked upon the stone floor.
但福尔摩斯的打猎鞭子骤然打在那个人的手腕上,手枪当地一声掉在石板地上。
"It's no use, John Clay," said Holmes blandly. "You have no chance at all."
福尔摩斯无动于衷似地说:"约翰·克莱,那是徒劳的,你逃不过这一关了。"
"So I see," the other answered with the utmost coolness.
对方极其冷静地回答说:"我看是这样。
"I fancy that my pal is all right, though I see you have got his coat-tails."
我想我的好友会平安无事的,虽然我看见你们揪住了他的衣角。"
"There are three men waiting for him at the door," said Holmes.
福尔摩斯说:"三个人正在那边门口等着他呢。"
"Oh, indeed! You seem to have done the thing very completely. I must compliment you."
"噢,真的,你们办事似乎很周到。我应该向你们致敬!"
"And I you," Holmes answered. "Your red-headed idea was very new and effective."
福尔摩斯回答道:"彼此,彼此。你的那个红头发点子很新颖,也很有效。"
"You'll see your pal again presently," said Jones.
琼斯说:"你将会同你的伙伴愉快地会面的。
"He's quicker at climbing down holes than I am. Just hold out while I fix the derbies."
他钻进洞里的动作比我来得快。伸出手来,让我铐上。"
"I beg that you will not touch me with your filthy hands," remarked our prisoner as the handcuffs clattered upon his wrists.
当手铐把我们的俘虏的手腕扣上的时候,他说:"我请求你们不要用你们的脏手碰我。
"You may not be aware that I have royal blood in my veins.
你们也许不知道我是皇族后裔。
Have the goodness, also, when you address me always to say 'sir' and 'please.'"
我还要请你们跟我说话时,在任何时候都要用'先生'和'请'字。"
"All right," said Jones with a stare and a snigger.
琼斯瞪大眼睛,忍住了笑说:"好吧,
"Well, would you please, sir, march upstairs, where we can get a cab to carry your Highness to the police-station?"
唔,'先生'请你往台阶上走吧,到了上面,我们可以弄辆马车把阁下送到警察局去。可以吗?"
"That is better," said John Clay serenely.
约翰·克莱安详地说:"这就好些。"
He made a sweeping bow to the three of us and walked quietly off in the custody of the detective.
他向我们三人很快地鞠了个躬,然后默默无言地在警探的监护下走了出去。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

秀哈英语

Copyright © 2024 秀哈英语版权所有

https://www.showha.cn/ ( 皖ICP备2022008997号 )

关于我们
关于我们
秀哈文化
使用指南
招聘信息
小黑屋
政策说明
法律声明
隐私保护
信息发布规则
关注秀哈微信公众号
手机访问秀哈英语,更方便!
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部